Caribbean Princess Suite Help!

pugsleycat

Hello - My fiance and I are getting married on the CP this summer. We are currently booked in a mini but would like to upgrade to an Aft suite. I have heard both positives and negatives on the following suites, ranging from an intrusive beam to loud noise and bad odors coming from the vents:

C748, C749, C750, C751

I have learned through these very helpful threads that the beam is not obtrusive in the C750 and C751 suites and the balcony is deeper in the C748 and C749 suites, but these are the suites that are close to the vent and are noisy and (potenially) have bad odors. Many of these posts were a couple of years back so I would love to have some recent experiences just in case Caribbean Princess made some changes to the vent situation...

Thank you!

We were in C750 on the CB and loved it. The cabin was very comfortable. We love the jacqusi tub and the separate walk in shower. Unlimited internet great as was full service in suite dining.

I am sure you would enjoy it

We were in C751 two weeks ago. While it was a large balcony, it seemed much more crowded compared to A751 on the Crown. If A751 on the Caribbean is available, I would book it. If not, the balconies on Caribe that are on either side of the vent are larger than the C750 or C751. I could angle one of the loungers to get it stretched out fully, but the other lounger was never used b/c it was folded up and not really enough room to extend it out. Plenty of room for the table and two chairs. We ate breakfast on the balcony every morning. If C751 was the only aft suite available I would book in a heartbeat, but if I had choices I would go A751 first and C748 or C749 next. Had friends in C749 last year and they had no problems with vent smells. We have A750 on the Ruby booked for our next cruise.

We were in C751 two weeks ago. While it was a large balcony, it seemed much more crowded compared to A751 on the Crown. If A751 on the Caribbean is available, I would book it. If not, the balconies on Caribe that are on either side of the vent are larger than the C750 or C751. I could angle one of the loungers to get it stretched out fully, but the other lounger was never used b/c it was folded up and not really enough room to extend it out. Plenty of room for the table and two chairs. We ate breakfast on the balcony every morning. If C751 was the only aft suite available I would book in a heartbeat, but if I had choices I would go A751 first and C748 or C749 next. Had friends in C749 last year and they had no problems with vent smells. We have A750 on the Ruby booked for our next cruise.

You missed out on the Sabatinis Breakfast for "Suite Guests"! It was real special!;)

You missed out on the Sabatinis Breakfast for "Suite Guests"! It was real special!;)

Actually, we did eat in Sabatinis one morning. We were not overly impressed. Didn't find the menu offered more than room service. We ordered Bloody Marys and they arrived after our food (we were almost finished eating). We will give Sabatinis another try on the Ruby in November.

Although much discussed, the issues concerning beams and exhaust vents are a little overblown (get it :)). The exhaust vent is like a white noise machine many people use when they sleep. You won't even notice it after a while. The support columns are at worst a minor nuisance. Either way you're getting a great cabin in a superb location. We have chosen C749 (again). I recommend avoiding the PH suites located just below the Lido deck because of noise in the morning. If you book an aft suite be sure to mark "NO UPGRADE" on your booking.

Thank you everyone for your good advice! My fiance and I are both very easygoing and are generally happy to just be on vacation... We are not the kind of people that find fault in little things :D. Everyone's posts make me feel VERY comfortable that, no matter what we choose, it will be great (although I am definitely leaning toward C748... I like a big balcony!)

Thanks again!!

Archived