Help, we are stuck!!!!!

Hi all, would REALLY appreciate your thoughts on this pickle we are in. Let me bullet point it out, b/c I am seriously stressed about this right now :(

- Sailing on Conquest April 18th

- Large group / reunion sail with a 20 people in our group

- One room will have myself and my son

- One room is booked with Mom/Wife and twin boys (under 2 years)

- I know we are nuts to try this with twins! :D

- BIL made reservations

- We just realized the Mom/Wife/Twin room is only a triple, and we need two cribs for the twins!!!!!!

- We called, and carnival said that we can't "remove" a twin bed, and use the remaining twin, the bunk, and have room for two cribs.

HELP!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS?

ps....twins are not used to sleeping in 1 crib (I have thought of that), they are big boys, and would be all over each other

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

K, let me repeat this back, you and your son have a room, your mother and her wife have a room with twin boys (4 total) and your BIL has a room now, what room types are these? Cabin numbers might help as well, will you be next door to eachother? How in the world did they let you book 4 into a 3 person room :confused:

So its not a quad which is fine since the boys don't need beds, they need cribs, so you wouldn't need a bunk or the sofa sleeper anyway, am I getting this right or am I confused? I guess the twins wouldn't necessarily count as one whole person that young, and their telling you that you can't fit two cribs in there?

How were you able to book 4 PAX into a Triple? ken

that was my first thought.... I am BETTING they did not book the 4th passenger in that stateroom they are worried about and were planning on taking a person out of another room and move into the triple room but realized it will not work ?

Can you put one twin in a crib in your room with you and your son and the other twin with mom & grandma? Seems obvious to me, but maybe I'm missing something!

very good observation, but momma bear does not want to seperate the twins...and honestly they do better together.....

lthanks

hey all, thank you!!!

I have not had a chance to read everything, but I will with my wife tonight.....

some answers (and I do appreciate your help)

- we do have two portable cribs for the twins

- we have inside cabins, and were told by carnival that a "double" room, could not accomidate the two beds, and two cribs....are they/we wrong?

- I will get the room numbers from wife/BIL

Thanks....will check when I get home to my wife...

Is the Mom/Wife one person or are you taking your Mom and your wife - if they are the same person it is a no brainer - switch rooms. There are so many options - doesn't sound like a big issue to me.

I am guessing that when carnival accepted the booking they just saw it as 4 people, not the fact that there would need to be 2 cribs. So I think there is probably a bed that folds out that they assumed would be used by one of the PEOPLE not thinking or knowing it was an infant. Just guessing here.

What if you put grandma on the fold out/couch bed, one twin in the crib and one twin with mom in the big bed (the two twin beds put together to make a king)?

Even the strictest parents about not letting kids sleep with them make exceptions (sick kids, scary movie, thunderstorem). Most parents are able to sleep with one kid without too much worry.

The room steward might be able to find a railing to put along the open side of the bed and mom can block the other.

Or, I have stuck two kids in a twin bed with one at each end. If you can get railings for both sides of the bed, you might be able to manage using a bed instead of a crib and free up the room more.

Or, can you:

1. You, twin one in a bed with railings, twin two in crib/pack-n-play

2. Mom, grandma, older son in the other room.

the rooms are pretty small. I think it would be hard to set up 2 packnplays in an inside cabin. I think the kids will have to learn to sleep together. Haven't you ever had to sleep 2 full size adults in a twin bed before? I have. It is very crowded but they will survive.

I don't understand how 4 people got booked into a triple room....unless the 4th person got booked into somebody else's room (that we're unaware of).

Anyway, do the interior rooms on Conquest have a sofa? Not a sofa bed, but an actual sofa? If so, here's what we did with our twins when they were 20 months old. Turn the entire couch around so that is faces the wall and the back of the couch is to the inside of the room. Voila, insta-crib. The couch has a back and sides so you've now enclosed the couch. Put a sheet and blankets down. Find something to put in the middle (we used a rolled up towel) to separate the couch into 2 spots and you can put both boys in there. If you don't think they'll stay still, put 1 on the couch like this and put a pack-n-play in the room for the other.

What kind of room does BIL have...and who is booked with him? Can he switch rooms with you?

When you say Mom/Wife- is this same person (kid's mom aka your wife?) or are you meaning your mother or mother in law and your wife...plus the twins? So 2 adults and the 2 kids...?

Would it work to just get 2 little cots for each child? If you search here on the boards somewhere (I think it may be on the family board)- many people recoomend a portable kid's cot for this type of situation. If you think your twins may not sleep well in them- you could buy early and let the kids sleep in them for a week or so to get used to it-

Here is a link for a portable cot- it has great reviews! Alot of people actually got it for their cruises...I don't personally have one but this may be your solution...

http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-My-Cot-Portable-Bed/dp/B000H1MRJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1270595302&sr=8-1

Let us know how it works out for you- have a great time!!

What if you put grandma on the fold out/couch bed, .

Inside cabin would not (usually) have a sofa, it would likely be a bunk down from the celing or out of the wall...

(probably not the safest choice for 2yr olds)

And is it Mom or Wife that wants to shinnny up into the 'top bunk'

:eek:

CIMG0136.jpg.ecc5917c7fa6b4dcef06bfd0b8fd105a.jpg

DSC03031.jpg.ab240d0993cf429a6009fcecb2939d81.jpg

Archived