Lines an waits

We were on the spring break cruise. The crowds generally disperse fairly well. Central Park and the Board Walk divert some of the folks from the Royal Promenade. There were lines a couple of times for shows (afternoon "Come Fly with Me", for instance) due largely to the reservation system and the SeaPass scanners at the entrance. Also lines for My Time Dining on the 5th Deck.

The lines for Zipline reservations are probably the worst I've ever seen. You have to sign up on the sports deck, and there isn't a separate line for those who've done waivers and those who haven't. If you've done your waiver online, once you get to the window it takes a minute or less to sign up; appeared to be much longer if you were doing the waiver when you signed up.

Flowrider lines are the same as Freedom class. The starboard Flowrider is for boogie boarding, with relatively long lines (9:00-10:30 is probably the best time to ride) later in the day. Last week, the divider wasn't working, so there was only one boogie board line. The port side is for stand up surfing, which had shorter lines. We booked a lesson online and for $60 each had an hour with only 4 other people and two instructors. That was actually a lot of fun.

We sailed 3/27/10 and I would affirm all the information above. Go early if you want shorter lines on Flowrider. It's not too bad waiting, though, it's fun to watch everyone else take their turn. The day we waited the staff member who was supervising the flowrider was a blast- riding with each guest, instructing them, or encouraging them to try different "tricks".... he made it very entertaining to watch.

Archived