Norfolk in 2011?

Esher127

Has anyone heard what ship Carnival will be rotating into Norfolk for 2011, if any?

I was told when I booked my cruise that Glory was just passing through, and wouldn't be returning to Norfolk in 2011. Tonight I just read that Royal Caribbean won't have any cruises out of Norfolk at all in 2011, they are dedicating Enchantment to Baltimore... so now I'm worried.

Is my first cruise out of Norfolk going to be my last? :(

I'm watching for news, too. Hoping that one day Norfolk will get a Carnival ship more than twice a year! Norfolk is great for us to sail from. Five hour drive and spend the night with my parents who only live about 10 minutes from the terminal so no hotel or parking fees either! The terminal is gorgeous - more like an art gallery than your typical warehouse like cruise terminal.

I do wish they'd get some other itineraries and more sail dates. I still think doing summer/fall sailings of 8 day eastern caribbean alternating with 6 day Bermuda would work out really well for Carnival - even if they only did it for a few months out of the year.

Would love to do it as much closer than driving down to Florida but the problem will be the itineraries.

Will go to port canaveral and bahamas and would rather drive to florida than to spend the cruise in the bahamas.

This is why we do not go out of Baltimore either.

Wish they would do rotating 8 day itineraries to have time to go further into Caribbean.

Would love to do it as much closer than driving down to Florida but the problem will be the itineraries.

Will go to port canaveral and bahamas and would rather drive to florida than to spend the cruise in the bahamas.

Wish they would do rotating 8 day itineraries to have time to go further into Caribbean.

Pride did an itinerary out of Bmore last year that included HMC and Grand Turk, along with Nassau & Freeport. I might do that one again if they offer it. I am also interested in Norfolk, just a 4 hour drive.

I understand the itineraries are all very similar, but a cruise is better than no cruise. Having to travel to Florida nearly doubles the price of the cruise for 3 people, which pushes it out of the realm of reason for me.

There's always Baltimore, with RCCL and Celebrity. But, meh...

Pride did an itinerary out of Bmore last year that included HMC and Grand Turk, along with Nassau & Freeport. I might do that one again if they offer it. I am also interested in Norfolk, just a 4 hour drive.

They are offering it again...I don't know about other months, but check September 2010.

They are doing the Grand Turk /HMC option several times this summer. The 4 July sailing has that.

I would love more options from either Baltimore or Norfolk. Norfolk would seem to have more ship options since the bridges would not be an issue.

We are doing the Pride to Bahamas because DD wants to do Atlantis for her Middle School Graduation (and we are doing the RCCL Caribbean later in the summer). Otherwise I would have never booked the primary Pride itinerary. Using Port Canaveral as stop is cheap in my opinion - Baltimore can fully service a ship (the other Pride sailing does not stop in FL).

RCCL alternates Bermuda (5 night) with a Eastern Caribbean from Baltimore that does not go to the Bahamas (9 night) every 2 weeks. The 9 night does San Juan, St. Thomas, Samana, and Labadee. I would love to see the St. Thomas and St. Maarten combo from either port.

HMC and Grand Turk would be fine but Nassau and Freeport leave a lot to be desired IMHO.

Now if they would add Bermuda that would be another story.

So far it is better to go to Florida for better itinerary even though Balt or Norfolk is much much closer.

Does anyone know when Carnival will be releasing the itineraries past April 2011? I am trying to plan my wedding/honeymoon cruises for end of May 2011 and it is driving me crazy waiting!!!!:p:p:p Everyone keeps asking me for dates and pricing and I have no answers for them. Its only a little more over a year now......come on Carnival!

MalibuBarbie

Does anyone know when Carnival will be releasing the itineraries past April 2011? I am trying to plan my wedding/honeymoon cruises for end of May 2011 and it is driving me crazy waiting!!!!:p:p:p Everyone keeps asking me for dates and pricing and I have no answers for them. Its only a little more over a year now......come on Carnival!

MalibuBarbie

It should be sometime this month.

I actually live 20 minutes from Norfolk but never cruise out of there because the rates are outrageous. Its cheaper for me to fly and cruise out of Florida. I hope this changes because it would be nice and convenient just to get dropped off at the pier.

I agree, there should definetly be more cruises out of Norfolk but there must be a reason for that? We live in Virginia Beach and it would be so convienient to leave out of Norfolk on a cruise. We are on the Glory out of here in Oct. so we are excited about that!

Thanks Spencercoop! At least I see a light at the end of the tunnel! I would think that Carnival would want them released ASAP so that they could get started on all those bookings!!!!!:rolleyes:

MalibuBarbie

You're Welcome. Hopefully they will be released in the beginning of this month.

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to leave out of Baltimore or Norfolk also. I live in the D.C. area. I'm trying to plan a cruise for 2011 with 2 teenagers and a tween, in-laws and husband. It would be so much easier to drive to either of these ports than to fly down to Florida. I keep checking for Summer 2011 itineraries but so far no luck. Would love to have this already booked.

Archived