Kids & location of locks on OV balcony doors?

Hoping someone here can help answer a question. We are traveling on the Oasis in 2 adjoining OV balcony rooms with 3 kids. Where is the location of the lock on the door to the balcony? When I called RC to ask, I was told it was up higher than a toddler's arm can reach, but would love some first-hand observations (and a photo if possible)!

I would happily bring a travel alarm for that door so we can hear the alarm if that door is opened without our permission, but not sure that will work on this door based on the configuration--again, opinions welcome on how to toddler-proof this door if the lock is reachable!

Although 2 of my kids I don't worry about (particularly since one is an infant!), my 3 year old can be a bit independent, so any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Good Afternoon:

First let me see I do not have children so I am far from an expert but thought I would give you my thoughts of how the balcony door was for me.

I think that it would be difficult for a child to open as first you have to move an unlock latch on the floor, then turn up the handle and push open. I don't know how tall your child is but I hope this info helps you.

Again, I don't have children so I can only tell you how it opens and you are best to determine if you should bring the door alarm.

Have a nice trip!!

Archived