Horseback Riding - Recently?

treeshepherd

I have read many comments about Banana Bank Lodge and Smuggler's Run's horseback riding trips. Has anyone done these recently? The last posts have seen are from early 2008. They both sound great, but would like more recent confirmation.

We are going in July. I expect it to be really hot. Is this a crazy idea to do this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

We went to Banana Bank Lodge last July. It was the highlight of our entire cruise. It is very remote, so we were concerned about getting back to the ship in time. When you get there it feels like you are in the middle of the jungle and they ferry you across the river in a rowboat-size boat to get to the lodge.

The guides were wonderful. They are so knowledgeable about the jungle. They would tell us all about the different types of vegetation. We got to see howler monkeys in the trees. We told them my dd and I have riding experience so there were times they would go at a full gallop in the open spaces, while one of the guides stayed back with my dh who hasn't riden so much. After the riding we had some time so they took us down the river, in a rowboat-size boat with a motor. We saw some very large iguana on the river banks and the most beautiful egret.

Also we had a simple, but incredible Belizean meal. They treat you like family there. Incredible people!

Our pictures are here: http://belizebananabanklodge.shutterfly.com/

• 2 weeks later...
We are going in July as well and are looking for a recent review from someone on where a good place is, any information would be greatly appreciated. It's going to be hot but fun!

We are going in July also and were thinking of doing the horseback riding. I have been trying to find reviews for the Bacob Eco Park which is offered by Carnival but can't seem to find any recent ones. What date are you going in July?

We are going in July also and were thinking of doing the horseback riding. I have been trying to find reviews for the Bacob Eco Park which is offered by Carnival but can't seem to find any recent ones. What date are you going in July?

We depart July 17th. I was also reading about Bacob Eco Park last night, but there website stated that they prefer not to book independently and advised to reserve through the ship??

We've heard so many negatives about Belize, we are either going to do this....or just stay on the ship which is something we have never done before in a port. Seems a shame. Wish Carnival would just drop Belize all together.

We depart July 17th. I was also reading about Bacob Eco Park last night, but there website stated that they prefer not to book independently and advised to reserve through the ship??

We've heard so many negatives about Belize, we are either going to do this....or just stay on the ship which is something we have never done before in a port. Seems a shame. Wish Carnival would just drop Belize all together.

We are leaving on the 31st of July. I would love to hear any reviews and recommendations you have once you return. It seems to be really hard to find something that you feel safe doing. I am spending so much time searching for reviews.

We are leaving on the 31st of July. I would love to hear any reviews and recommendations you have once you return. It seems to be really hard to find something that you feel safe doing. I am spending so much time searching for reviews.

It seems in Belize, you have to an hour away from the ship to be able to do anything. That makes me VERY nervous!

• 7 months later...

Archived