Where are my buddies on the Atlantis Athens-Barcelona trip on the Equinox?

Muscle Force

I'm surprised there's so little posting on these boards about the August 24, 2010 Atlantis Athens - Barcelona cruise that I'm booked on. The Celebrity Equinox carries nearly 3,000 passengers and although it seems there are still pretty many staterooms available, you folks are mighty quiet.

Come on, guys and gals, step up to the plate. This is a dream itinerary and we are going to have Major Fun onboard. (But then again, if it's undersold, maybe I'll get upgraded to an Ultra-Suite or something.) :D

Thanks, Michael, that's a very kind offer. I'm a writer too, but not as successful as you (yet!). Congratulations on your literary achievements ... wonderful!

I'm wondering why the ship is stopping in Marseille, which sounds to be a sort of big gritty port city. There must be nearby excursions of more interest. Aix-en-Provence? I wonder ...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering why the ship is stopping in Marseille, which sounds to be a sort of big gritty port city. There must be nearby excursions of more interest. Aix-en-Provence? I wonder ...

I'm wondering why Marseille for only 7 hours including getting on and off the ship. Just doesn't seem like there will be much time for any sight seeing - if the even IS anything worth seeing. I've read that the port shops are good. (Oh boy!!! More shopping!!! LOL)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry to say I didn't even notice this, but in another thread someone posts that our cruise was shortened by a day when they dropped the price $300. Where was the day dropped?

It was the Venice to Athens cruise that got shortened by one day - - quite some time ago. However, I booked this cruise in March and shortly after, the prices were lowered. Atlantis honored that reduction when I asked for it. The price of our room dropped by $240 each.

If I understand correctly, when they dropped the day from the Venice to Athens cruise, they added it to ours. The original schedule (several months ago) started on the 25th and now it's the 24th.

Hope that helps you. (I JUST checked the Atlantis website and our trip is still intact.)

Ric

I would love to meet you as well. We had been hoping for somewhere between June 11 and 15. But Mike's return to the states might be delayed as much as two weeks. I'll be happy to let you know when the dates get firmed up.

Ric

Hy everyone ! My friend and I are on this cruise as well.

Sweevil _ I am guessing it stops in Marseilles and docks at noon because the night before would probably be the White Party - usually the biggest party in any Atlantis cruise - and everyone will be waking up late. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived