Is My Car Safe in Galveston

bsailing

We have left our car at the Hotel Galvez a few times and at other hotels several times with no trouble at all. The Hotel Galvez has/had a covered parking garage that we took into account during spring season when thunderstorms might mean hail. At other times of the year, this would not be a concern. Good luck and have a safe cruise.;)

Thanks for the reply. I've also heard that getting a taxi from the port back to the hotel might be a problem becasue the cabs are holding out for a fare to hobby. Anyone have any problems getting a cab back to the hotel?

Thanks for the reply. I've also heard that getting a taxi from the port back to the hotel might be a problem becasue the cabs are holding out for a fare to hobby. Anyone have any problems getting a cab back to the hotel?

If they refuse to take you ANYWHERE from the cruise terminal to get a higher fare from another client, it is against Galveston city statute (not to say it would never happen, though). Read on:

"It shall be unlawful for a taxicab driver to refuse a far (sic) in order to receive a more lucrative fare."

The above was from the City of Galveston Municipal Code, updated Dec 2009, as in (Galveston, Texas, Code of Ordinances >> PART II - CODE OF THE CITY >> Chapter 35 - VEHICLES FOR HIRE >> ARTICLE I. - TAXICABS, LIMOUSINES, BUSES, AND SHUTTLES >> DIVISION 8. - CRUISE TERMINAL RULES

(click on this link to see the entire code):

http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10204&stateId=43&stateName=Texas

Because of a charge to pick up cruiser's from the ship and take them "anywhere" most hotels won't pick you up after the cruise. When you come out of the cruise terminal there will be a taxi stand. Tell the person working it where you want to go, and when it's your turn the taxi driver who is up next must take you!

What texas greeneyes said... .

Some hotels do have a shuttle to the port, but most will just call a taxi for you. It's really inexpensive, Galveston isn't very big :).

We've left our car in an open parking lot at a hotel a couple of times and there were no problems except for how dirty it was when we returned :D.

The Hilton also drops you off and picks you up at no charge as long as you were a guest. It seems foolish not to bring you back to the hotel. When they are there already dropping off guests. I know if they would pick me up at the peir I wouldnt stay another night with them ever.

Hotel Galvez and Tremont House both have shuttles that take you and pick you up. We've left our car at Galvez 4 or 5 times now, never a problem.

Hey Wolfgang, notice my countdown clock. You better hope Nancy is back at work within 223 days.

Archived