3 weeks until our Disney Cruise, any tips??

Julienatul

Ok only 3 weeks until our sailing on our first Disney cruise. I am super excited about experiencing Disney.

Ok, got the pirate stuff for pirate night, the mat/pillowcase for characters to sign. Im on the disboards meet for my sailing but no one has mentioned fish extenders or exchange so not sure if I need one of those or if there is a separate sign up somewhere.

Anything else I might need for this cruise that is Disney specific compared to other cruises? I figured some of you experienced Disney cruisers may have ideas that I might not think of.

Julie, sailing with DH, DD age 4 and DS age 16mo, along with grandparents

It's been years since my last Disney sailing... they are such wonderful cruises for kids.

Try not to get sucked into the marketing brainwashing... I still have my lanyard of Disney Cruise pins... including an exclusive pin that was available to us for the premier of Chicken Little, which we got to see on board the Magic.

It's so unavoidable... they GET you... and they get you, GOOD!

Have a wonderful time!

I'm looking forward to booking Disney to Alaska one of these days... before the little one get's too old to appreciate the Disney experience.

The friendship show on the last day is really cute. If you check your 4 year old into the Oceaneer's Club before the show, she will get a friendship t-shirt. It is not really publicized so I wouldn't have known about it without the disney board. Relax & have fun, it is a magical vacation!

Julie,

You will have a wonderful time. We absolutely loved every moment of our Disney Cruise in 2007. If you have connecting rooms with your parents be sure to bring Bungee Cords to hold door open between your rooms. Plastic clothes pins we useful in the bathroom for anything wet. Try to enjoy Breakfast or Lunch in one of the dining rooms. I wish we would have done that more often. You can book a discounted rate for a future cruise while onboard. If you have the slightest inkling that you would want to sail on Disney again, make a booking for anytime in the future and you can always move the reservation. Remember the new ships are coming and you will sure be tempted. You kids will be in the magical age groups for many years to come. :) Have a MAGICAL time!

In regards to the mats and pillowcases. We took laundry markers for them to sign the pillowcases. That way it doesn't wash out. Sharpie markers will eventually wash out. Be sure to put your name on the inside of the pillowcases and your cabin number. We put ours in zip lock baggies with all of the 'stuff' in them before we turned them in to the front desk. They are wonderful!!

In regards to the mats and pillowcases. We took laundry markers for them to sign the pillowcases. That way it doesn't wash out. Sharpie markers will eventually wash out. Be sure to put your name on the inside of the pillowcases and your cabin number. We put ours in zip lock baggies with all of the 'stuff' in them before we turned them in to the front desk. They are wonderful!!

What is this about? We are planning a Disney Cruise this summer, in fact, we just booked yesterday and now I'm reading all that I can about Disney. I have not idea of this.

My DD has a special " Disney book" for signatures of Disney charcters and we take to Disney when we visit the park, it is the same? Do yo give to the front desk at the beginning of the trip for signature collection?

Thank you.

You'll love it! I thought the shows on the Wonder were the best I've seen from my cruises (carnival, X, and RCCL).

We were in a category 10 right near the main staircase, so for the character meets listed in the daily schedule, I would go get in line early while DH stayed in the cabin getting our DD 6 ready, and then he would drop her off in line with me about 5 minutes before the scheduled start time. Worked great to get in and get out quickly.

What is this about? We are planning a Disney Cruise this summer, in fact, we just booked yesterday and now I'm reading all that I can about Disney. I have not idea of this.

My DD has a special " Disney book" for signatures of Disney charcters and we take to Disney when we visit the park, it is the same? Do yo give to the front desk at the beginning of the trip for signature collection?

Thank you.

On our Wonder cruise, there were lots of chances to get character autographs which my DS used his autograph book from WDW. I saw one line up that had at least 10 characters including Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Mad Hatter--I ended up in the line for those signatures :D. We also brought a clean white pillowcase, a photo mat, and a bunch of colored sharpie makers in a large zip lock bag and handed it in to guest services the first night for the characters to sign. We also added in a bag of hershey kisses as a treat for the staff who sign. On the last night of the cruise, the pillowcase and photo mat was delivered to our room and our steward put the signed pillowcase on top of DS pillow--he was so excited. Don't forget to put your name and cabin number on the bag :)

Thank you.

:) No this is something completely different. If you take a pillow case or a photo mat to the customer service desk at the beginning of the cruise they will have it autographed by the characters. You have your choice of traditional or ?? it might be Princess. I don't remember it's been 3 years. I know we had the traditional characters sign a photomat for us and a pillowcase for DD. You turn it in on day one and they return it to you the night before the cruise is over. (Ours was a 3 night cruise) I just took my own fabric markers and put them in a zip lock back w/ the pillowcase. I also took sharpies for them to sign the photomat. I made sure that I had my name and cabin number on the ziplock back and on the back of the mat/inside of the pillowcase.

Also you can take your autograph book (which we did) and had characters sign it at the meet and greets throughout the ship during the cruise. We even had the captain sign our book. :)

Archived