Rum Runners!!!!

terratrac

As we all know, our suitcases do not get delivered right away. And I wanting some vodka in my lemonade, put the small run runners in my shorts pockets and walked right through with them.. Then while standing in line, as people were talking about how they couldn't "wait" to get their suitcases, I just had to show them my rum runners in my pocket... Vodka and UV Blue were ever so tasty with the lemonade at lunch.. They were all envious.

Here's my question if your flying to San Juan port. What are you doing with your rum runners are you filling them prior to leaving and putting them in your checked bags or do you head to the liquor store in San Juan to fill them up?

Here's my question if your flying to San Juan port. What are you doing with your rum runners are you filling them prior to leaving and putting them in your checked bags or do you head to the liquor store in San Juan to fill them up?

We fill rum runners prior to leaving, and have been known to fill them up on cruise too (the small ones) :rolleyes:.

In San Juan we usually go into town after checkin with a rolling back pack for a 12pack of soda, and water.

And go back on board. We usually go to the Walgreens, but a recent post said a 2min walk to a CVS on main street -next to new location of Senior Frogs-much closer it sounds.

We fill rum runners prior to leaving, and have been known to fill them up on cruise too (the small ones) :rolleyes:.

In San Juan we usually go into town after checkin with a rolling back pack for a 12pack of soda, and water.

And go back on board. We usually go to the Walgreens, but a recent post said a 2min walk to a CVS on main street -next to new location of Senior Frogs-much closer it sounds.

No problems with international travel and packing them in your checked bags through the airport? I'm wondering if it's not easier to just get into San Juan and fill them up at a local liquor store (are there any by the port in San Juan). Are you also filling them up prior to check in for the ship and sending them in checked bags thru the ship?

No problems with international travel and packing them in your checked bags through the airport? I'm wondering if it's not easier to just get into San Juan and fill them up at a local liquor store (are there any by the port in San Juan). Are you also filling them up prior to check in for the ship and sending them in checked bags thru the ship?

Perhaps, but San Juan is part of US territory and no issue with liquids so far in checked bags. I am not sure where liquor stores are in OSJ-have seen one to get a soda while walking and it was higher in price than I expected.

We may break down on next cruise and order one bottle for BonVoyage dept to make things easier, but will still go get soda and water.

Do you know if any liquor stores sell these to purchase in departure cities? I have waited too long on this and we sail out Monday. I'm hoping that maybe Port Canaveral might have a liquor store that sells them for us to get there. Anyone know?

Nearest retail place listed is in Miami http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/retaillocations.aspx

You might try getting a case of water and carefully removing (without damaging the shrink wrap) a few middle bottles for clear stuff like vodka, gin, white rum, tequila, etc. And a couple of smaller size all plastic bottles can often be "worn" on as well in loose clothing. ;)

there is a liquor store in the terminal upstairs right before you board, no joke

Just an idea for other people wondering what to mix the liquor with once you get it on board.

I plan on doing several different things with my runners.

1. Premade lemon drop martini's. I have been told you can get these at a Publix, I haven't seen them myself, but will check and let you know. if I can't find them, I know how to make them myself.

2. Premade margarita's. They have them pre-mixed in a bottle but it is a little weak. So, I up the alcohol content in mine. I can make a killer frozen margarita, but can never quite get the mix right for "on the rocks". So, I take the guess work out of it and get the pre-made kind.

3. Peach Schnapps. You are allowed a bottle of wine per person, so I take champagne. I don't like it plain, however. Add a dash of peach schnapps and make a Belini! They are awesome.

4. Crown for my husband, because he sips it.

I know I am taking a chance with the mixers and not being able to keep them cold. (the peach schnapps I plan to put in our soft sided cooler, the others I won't keep cold). But, I figured that if they are pre-made like that already, they are probably full of preservatives, so I'll be fine! :D I will report back when after my cruise and let you know if I gave myself food poisoning. :)

I've used them on my last 3 cruises. Never a problem. We just returned from the Carnival Dream 4/10 sailing, I packed 4 of the 32oz RumRunners (2 Vodka and 2 Bourbon) in my checked bag. All 4 arrived intact and undetected. Saved me a TON on my S&S bill!!

Now it's time to clean them out and pack them away until next time.

2. Premade margarita's. They have them pre-mixed in a bottle but it is a little weak. So, I up the alcohol content in mine. I can make a killer frozen margarita, but can never quite get the mix right for "on the rocks". So, I take the guess work out of it and get the pre-made kind.

Try these: http://www.bajabob.com/margarita_orig_singles.html

I like his premade in the bottle mix, not cloyingly sweet like some, haven't tried the packets yet but intend to.

Archived