Anytime dining

hutt90

If you have anytime dining will you ever be seated with anyone else when you eat. We have four and wondered if we would ever be put at a table of six for example.?

They will seat you how ever you wish. Just let them know when you walk in how many you want to sit with.

We always get a table for 2, thats what we like. They always seem to accomodate everyone.

Once at lunch they wanted to seat us with others at a table but we requested to wait for our for just us...

Never had a problem.

Even at night if it's a little busy we always tried to get the same waiter so we chose to wait (never more than 5 minutes) otherwise they'll seat you to whats opened,

I have not requested anytime dining yet. I enjoy meeting new folks and getting to know the staff for a 30 - 90 minute meal, so I like the planned time. But I've heard so many compliment the Anytime Dining and the service and accomodations they've received. I'm sure you can wait and get a table / booth for four. And once they know you, I'm sure they'll recognize you in line and remember what you like!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!! Let us know!!!

We sampled Anytime Dining on a 15 day Hawaiian Cruise last Oct. (on HAL Zaandam). Not our cup of tea.:( It seemed that the wait staff treated us like we were interfering with their work (they had Fixed Dining people also and devoted their time to them I'm sure it was about TIPS). They were slow, and seated people at your table even though we already had our food. This seemed embarrassing to those who were seated late. That was the first time I ever had this type of dining and I did not care for it. It sort of made you feel like second class passengers compaired to the Fixed Dining folks.:rolleyes:

We sampled Anytime Dining on a 15 day Hawaiian Cruise last Oct. (on HAL Zaandam). Not our cup of tea.:( It seemed that the wait staff treated us like we were interfering with their work (they had Fixed Dining people also and devoted their time to them I'm sure it was about TIPS). They were slow, and seated people at your table even though we already had our food. This seemed embarrassing to those who were seated late. That was the first time I ever had this type of dining and I did not care for it. It sort of made you feel like second class passengers compaired to the Fixed Dining folks.:rolleyes:

I think Carnival is doing it much better than your HAL description. I'll be doing this for the 1st time on Monday on the Ecstasy so I'll let you know, but I haven't heard any complaints like you've expressed.

The Your time dining is in a separate part of the DR so I would be surprised if the waitstaff were also serving fixed time diners. And I don't think I've heard anyone complain that they've requested a private table and still had others seated with them.

Let the dr host know whether you want to be seated with a group or just the four of you.

My son and I chose anytime dining when it was just the two of us. We met different people at each meal. Four years later he still communicates with one of the young ladies seated with us.

I think Carnival is doing it much better than your HAL description. I'll be doing this for the 1st time on Monday on the Ecstasy so I'll let you know, but I haven't heard any complaints like you've expressed.

The Your time dining is in a separate part of the DR so I would be surprised if the waitstaff were also serving fixed time diners. And I don't think I've heard anyone complain that they've requested a private table and still had others seated with them.

Please do respond.:)

We have requested Your Time Dining for our Valor cruise in May. The only thing that concerns me is that we won't have the same wait staff all week. Does anyone know if you can request to sit in a specific each night so you do have the same wait staff? That would definitely be the best of both worlds if so!

We have requested Your Time Dining for our Valor cruise in May. The only thing that concerns me is that we won't have the same wait staff all week. Does anyone know if you can request to sit in a specific each night so you do have the same wait staff? That would definitely be the best of both worlds if so!

My experience on The Dream was that I certainly COULD request to be seated in area where I liked wait staff. Just don't go when EVERYONE is in line. I didn't have to wait, ever, but as this option becomes more popular, it may become a problem.

yes you can request specific wait staff - you may have a few minute more wait until a table opens up

some nights we request a table for just our group - other times we say we'll sit with others - the staff has always seated us as we requested

When we were seated with others - everyone at the table was on the same course at all times

for us, and our cruising style, anytime dining is the perfect option

I had anytime dining on the Legend last summer had 2 different tables depending on whether we were 4 or 5 people. One of my son's missed dinner a few nights he was too busy having fun. We had the same staff and never really requested them but they were the best.

I've heard that if there is a wait that they will give you a buzzer/beeper so you can wait somewhere else on the ship until your table is ready. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

We just got off the Glory and had anytime dining. There was only one time we had to wait (10 minutes). They gave us a buzzer and we went to the lobby bar.

You can request any wait staff you want. The food is served quick and hot. They do not pressure you to leave. We never had a problem with this and wil do it again the next time we cruise.

The hostess told me they had 400 people with this option. They reserved the upper dining room for this service. Our waitress said they had priority with our food orders, so they didn't have to stand in line with the wait staff from the reg. dining room. In all, very efficient!!!

Do you have to wait around the entrance to the MDR, or do they give you a buzzer or anything (like at restaurants) so you could go into the bar across the way and get a drink while waiting maybe?

We went at all different times to dinner and never had to wait, except once. They told us it might be about 10 minutesn handed us the pager/buzzer thing like you get at restaurants, we walked out to go to the bar and it immediately buzzed for din-din. So yeah... you'll get a buzzer thing if you do have to wait.

I am really looking forward to my 1st experience next week...........I like to be waited on but my sister doesn't like to eat with strangers. So I usually eat in the DR with strangers for breakfast and lunch, but do prefer to eat with just my sister for dinner.

She sometimes doesn't eat dinner though or only wants pizza so on those nights I'll still go to the MDR but I'll request to be seated with other people.

I think currently Carnival is doing YTD in the upper midship DR if it's 2 levels or on one side of the midship DR when there aren't 2 levels. At least that's the way it's been represented in the capers on the last few cruises that we've been on.

So far it's getting good reviews and there are more people requesting this option than there is room to accomodate. I predict within a year at least one DR will be 100% YTD.

I haven't done anytime dining on carnival (and don't plan to, having booked early seating for our upcoming cruise) because I didn't enjoy it as I thought I would when we sailed NCL (which has only anytime dining).

The trouble is we like the after dinner shows, and they are still scheduled, so essentially we still had to eat at the typical "early" or "late" traditional dining time to get to the main show on time.

If you're not a show-goer, however, you'll probably like it more than I did. :)

Archived