FOD on Volendam

ctguy001

I just got back from the 1/15-1/24 cruise on the Volendam. I was pleasantly surprised to see a FOD Get Together listed the second day at 5 PM. I thought it would be nice to meet some of the other "cruisers". Unfortunately, they were either busy in the steam room, at the early seating or didn't know what FOD meant ...cuz, I was the only one there (unless you count the several older couples sitting around the room). Not even a staff member who must have put in the listing showed up to check it out. Ah well, it was a great cruise anyway!

I've sailed HAL quite a few times and it seems there were far fewer "Friends of Dorothy" on those sailings than on any of the lines I've sailed. My partner and I still felt perfectly comfortable and had wonderful vacations -- but it would have been an added bonus to see a few more like-minded individuals.

I just got back from the 1/15-1/24 cruise on the Volendam. I was pleasantly surprised to see a FOD Get Together listed the second day at 5 PM. I thought it would be nice to meet some of the other "cruisers". Unfortunately, they were either busy in the steam room, at the early seating or didn't know what FOD meant ...cuz, I was the only one there (unless you count the several older couples sitting around the room). Not even a staff member who must have put in the listing showed up to check it out. Ah well, it was a great cruise anyway!

Wow so HAL is still recognizing FOD on some ships? Who was it that was aboard in December where there was the big issue in not having had it ? . . . .

Archived