Private tours Samana..

ponies

Hey. I have the answers to all your problems right here. I have a friend in the Dominican who runs a tour/bed and breakfast called Casa Dorado. My family and I (9 of us) did a tour with them in 2007 (Playa Rincon) we still talk about it to this day. Check it out http://www.casadoradodr.com/index.php I still talk with the operators Catherine and Roberto. They will not disappoint. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions!

set-72157608195138400

• 1 year later...

There are many excellent Licensed Tour Operators at the Cruise Port of Samana offering Independent & Private Tours.

Their prices are way LOWER than what you are going to pay with your Cruise Ship.

These 4 Tour Operators are the Most famous here in Samana :

1) Razor Tours & ATV Adventures

2) Tour Samana with Terry

3) Cayenas del Mar

4) Marivanna Tours

With anyone of these Tour Operators you can't go wrong.

There all easy to find on the Internet, just GOOGLE them.

Steve

• 2 months later...

We were on the NCL Dawn in January and the ship offered free tenders to Cayo Leventado, a small island with a beach. We however were part of a Cruise Critic group that did an ATV with Terry. WE had a great time and a full day.

He is very organized and when our ATV decided to get finicky about running he had an immediate machine for us to swtich to ride. He has a crew that follows for any problems.

We first went into the coutryside to a stand where we tasted tropical fruits and met local kids. I tasted the sweetest grapefruit that I have ever had!

The "roads" were rugged, perfect for our machines. We crossed small rivers and went to a private beach for lunch and shore cruising on our machines which everyone seemed to enjoy and we passengers even got our chance to drive if we wanted to. The lunch under the shelter was good and filling. There was no swimming at the beach due to rip currents but the scenery was beautiful.

Our last stop of the day was at a waterfall and pool where you could jump from the rocks if you so desired. IT was a small hike and locals were there to help people cross the rocks across a small river. We gave them a couple of dollars for their assistance. It too was a pretty area and a good chance to swim even if you didn't want to jump off the rocks.

The whole area we were in was rural and not commercial--something I really enjoyed. There were only 6 machines in our tour and we felt well taken care of, not like part of a herd!

I would highly recommend this tour if you want to experience the rustic beauty of the island.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is also another Tour Operator / Tour Agency in Samana starting to promote itself on the Web :

5) Moto Marina Tours

Actually this Tour Company has been around since the mid 80's !

The local Tour Operators and Tour Agencies in the Town of Samana are just starting to promote themselves on the Internet, which is great because just a few years ago you could not find any information online.

STEVE

Tour guide on Samana Peninsula

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived