S&S Deposit/Tipping Question

bpgolferguy

For our February Conquest cruise I just went online and bought $600 worth of the "Fun Ship Dollars" and made sure it was applied as OBC before we left. We did give them a credit card at check-in just in case we went over, but we ended up getting a $175 check back at the end. I've done that for both my upcoming cruises (not all at once), that way I know there will be at least *something* there and I wont have a huge bill at the end of my trip. Love, love, love not having that dreaded credit card bill 30 days or so after a vacation... makes it SO much better, at least for us.

Cash, credit cards, travelers checks, Euros, Spanish Doubloons. If it is spendable Carnival will take any amounts in any combinations at any time.

So do they accept pesos too? I was going to order a few hundered dollars worth to spend on our upcoming Mexican Riveria cruise. If we don't spend them in port, can I put them on my S&S account? Will they take them? It would save a trip to the bank when we get home

Shawn in AK

For our February Conquest cruise I just went online and bought $600 worth of the "Fun Ship Dollars" and made sure it was applied as OBC before we left. We did give them a credit card at check-in just in case we went over, but we ended up getting a $175 check back at the end. I've done that for both my upcoming cruises (not all at once), that way I know there will be at least *something* there and I wont have a huge bill at the end of my trip. Love, love, love not having that dreaded credit card bill 30 days or so after a vacation... makes it SO much better, at least for us.

We are planning to use Funship Dollars as OBC on our upcoming cruise. Just don't wanna have a bunch of travelers cheques on our person like the last cruise.

Cash Deposit:

U.S. Currency and Traveler's Checks may be used to open your Sail & Sign Account. Once on board, please visit our Guest Services Desk who will gladly assist you in opening your account. Throughout the cruise, as you approach the deposit limit, our Guest Services Desk will notify you that additional money must be deposited.

"Recommended" deposits per sailing duration:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9+ day cruises: $350 deposit pp

So do they accept pesos too? I was going to order a few hundered dollars worth to spend on our upcoming Mexican Riveria cruise. If we don't spend them in port, can I put them on my S&S account? Will they take them? It would save a trip to the bank when we get home

Shawn in AK

I don't think so...... but, I could be wrong! :confused:

Shawn in AK

You might get all choked up at the exchange rate!!:eek:

And I'm fairly certain that cruising is not restricted to Americans, so I would NOT be surprised if they routinely deal in multiple currencies.

Shawn in AK

I've been to Puerto Vallarta many times for vacations, and I've always just used U.S. dollars there; I'm assuming that the other ports on the Mexican Riviera would accept the U.S. dollars, as well. (if you didn't want to order pesos in advance).

I've been to Puerto Vallarta many times for vacations, and I've always just used U.S. dollars there; I'm assuming that the other ports on the Mexican Riviera would accept the U.S. dollars, as well. (if you didn't want to order pesos in advance).

If he is planning of spending a few hundred it is worth the exchange......

Archived