Parking at Port of LA?

bassspanker

Are there any other parking options at the Port of Los Angeles? I guess I'm being a cheapskate, and that $12/day is not a big deal in other parts of the country (SoCal especially). But I'm curious if there are other options before I blow another $100 on this vacation.

It seems like there are usually some offsite parking places with shuttle service at a lower cost. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet yet. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Depending on how many days your cruise is...

It can actually be a good/better deal to book a hotel that offers free parking for the length of the cruise...

Doubletree and Crowne Plaza are the nicest.

If you just want a cheap hotel with cheap parking, then check out Vagabond Inn, Holiday Inn, and Sunrise...

Caveat Emptor!

Does anyone know if you can pay for parking with a credit card, or will we need to have cash?? We usually get a ride to the port with friends, but this time will be parking there for the 7 days.

copied the following off the Port of Los Angeles website

•Post Pay Parking Only

•Parking fees may be paid by Cash, Travelers Checks, and Major Credit Cards only.

•Further information can be obtained by telephoning Parking Concepts at 310-547-4357 or 310-732-5773.

Does anyone know if you can pay for parking with a credit card, or will we need to have cash?? We usually get a ride to the port with friends, but this time will be parking there for the 7 days.

I've heard that some other ports in the country charge an even higher daily rate.

As CJW posted, there are local hotels that you can get a special rate for hotel stay/parking. Just make sure the hotels are the recommended ones (like the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza in SP). If you find a really cheap rate for a hotel someplace in LA, it could be in a scuzzy area or the hotel itself could be a dump. And your car might not be in a secure lot.

Personally, we have parked at the Port of LA parking lot five out of the six times we sailed from it without a single problem and the sixth time we had used a car service (15 days worth of luggage does not fit in a Saturn trunk -- but I still love my Saturn SL:)) to get to the port.

Archived