"free" 3 day cruise

Hi all: Went to a scuba show and "won" a 3 day cruise. If I go and listen to their schpele, I will also get free airfare from WI to FL. All for the price of the taxes and fees. (*about $200).

Anyone ever do this? Am just wondering if I should go, pay it, and then give it to the in-laws for xmas :)

Thanks from a Carnival Cruiser

I'm wary about FREE anything.

In New York, the all news station was advertising some "Free" cruise package for some company... through Caribbean Cruise Lines... the Bahamas Celebration.

So.. being a Cruise Critic guy, I went to go look for it... Caribbean Cruise Lines is Celebration Cruise Lines, and the Bahamas Celebration is listed as one of the ships there.

But also Google'ing the info... it didn't sound like I wanted to deal with the high pressure sales tactics.

I had once made the mistake of listening to a "short" seminar in Las Vegas for "free" tickets to a Vegas show... Sure, the seminar was 30min, like promised... but the 4 hours of continual sales pressure to get the stupid tickets really put a damper on the experience.

You say no, you get passed on to the next person up. You wait, you see the guy, you say no, next person up.... rinse-repeat.

Hey... can I get the free tickets?

Next person up, you say no, wait, next person up... rinse repeat.

At the two hour mark, I was ready to just leave... but they had wasted so much of my time, dammit! I wanted those stupid Mamma Mia! tickets!

Worst experience ever!

I have done this type of deal but it was for a 3 day stay to Vegas, Mexico or Hawaii.

We went and listened to a time share, we listened, we politely said no thank you, when his boss came in, I said "No thank you again" and then I said "where do I collect my gift. The guy looked at me, and I said, you said if I listen, which I did, I got a free gift. He just stared at me in disbelief, like why are you not buying into my timeshare??? Then he got up, asked us to come with him and walked us to a window, where we got our free gift. We ended up not taking the trip, it would have been $178.00 for the two of us to go to Mexico for a weekend, because we had too many committments and couldn't go on one of the scheduled weekends. I would say if you don't mind listening and can say No quickly and mean it (my hubby can't and we would have been there for hours if I let him talk..:p) then go for it. When you get your coupon, look at the dates and book your cruise! I have met people who have done it, there really isn't a catch, unless you buy their program :D

Good Luck,

Kathy

We listened to a time share and "won" a free 3 day cruise on Carnival. We had to pay the port charges/taxes. We ended up getting a upgraded inside cabin which was not to bad. I do remember that we had to pick 3 dates and they did not let us know until about 3 weeks ahead which one we were on. Also, there were several blackout dates. Don't plan on going near any holiday.

I'm wary about FREE anything.

In New York, the all news station was advertising some "Free" cruise package for some company... through Caribbean Cruise Lines... the Bahamas Celebration.

So.. being a Cruise Critic guy, I went to go look for it... Caribbean Cruise Lines is Celebration Cruise Lines, and the Bahamas Celebration is listed as one of the ships there.

But also Google'ing the info... it didn't sound like I wanted to deal with the high pressure sales tactics.

I had once made the mistake of listening to a "short" seminar in Las Vegas for "free" tickets to a Vegas show... Sure, the seminar was 30min, like promised... but the 4 hours of continual sales pressure to get the stupid tickets really put a damper on the experience.

You say no, you get passed on to the next person up. You wait, you see the guy, you say no, next person up.... rinse-repeat.

Hey... can I get the free tickets?

Next person up, you say no, wait, next person up... rinse repeat.

At the two hour mark, I was ready to just leave... but they had wasted so much of my time, dammit! I wanted those stupid Mamma Mia! tickets!

Worst experience ever!

Had the same offer. My fiance and I both did. I did a bit of research. The offer seems legit. It does seem to good to be true and give the nature of my occupation, I am very skeptical and untrusting. It wasn't the offer that turned me off. It was the boat.

She's a dump!. It's a converted ferry with a bath tub sized pool, mediocre food and just all around not very nice.

After I told the sales person where to go I promptly disregarded my free cruise on this sketchy line and purchased a trip on the LOS.

Archived