Would someone be able to help? Upsell/Upgrade info needed

terrymtex01

Cripes! How long is going to go on and how many threads need to be involved?

There is no right or wrong. Some have had more experience with this others over the years and have told their tales and the newcomers who have had experiences are entitled to tell their tales. The time and effort being put into this by some is incredible. Can this subject be beaten in to the ground any further?

Upsell Desk, Reassignment desk - Get an uspell an upgrade, get a better deal or get an "I'm sorry, the ship is full." Call and get a chance to spin the wheel of Fortune (or misfortune.) Good luck to all!

Geez!

I apologize to you for beating this subject to death, but I would really (genuinely) appreciate your independent opinion on this whole subject. I know and agree that the prudent thing to always make sure of is that the cabin you book is one you will look forward to being in but..... given all of the information from the oldies and the newbies on this subject, will you as an NCL cruiser take the initiative on your next cruise to make a phone call, once only, to the reassignment desk two to three weeks from sailing to politely inquire about an upsell option? If you say "no", given the success stories currently being told on several of these posts, then it might be that I am trying to advocate something no one is really interested in except me. Give me a taste of reality, please. Thanks.

I apologize to you for beating this subject to death, but I would really (genuinely) appreciate your independent opinion on this whole subject. I know and agree that the prudent thing to always make sure of is that the cabin you book is one you will look forward to being in but..... given all of the information from the oldies and the newbies on this subject, will you as an NCL cruiser take the initiative on your next cruise to make a phone call, once only, to the reassignment desk two to three weeks from sailing to politely inquire about an upsell option? If you say "no", given the success stories currently being told on several of these posts, then it might be that I am trying to advocate something no one is really interested in except me. Give me a taste of reality, please. Thanks.

Here's your reality. Post #69 will tell you what your persistence is doing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1156121&page=4

The taste of reality is that NCL reads these boards and could simply close the reassignment desk as they have done in the past, purely by the number of incoming calls or reading these countless threads and posts. I have experienced upsells by... the upsell desk calling us, the upsell desk being closed and not taking incoming calls and by me calling and being offered an upsell. The latter was prior to the desk being closed.

This is my last post regarding this subject at least for a while, as all of us are just as guilty as Janice by continuiing in this circle talk. Let's put this one to rest!!!!!

Archived