Baggage Transfer-New Orleans?

Prphan2

This is a duplicate of a post I did on the Carnival area...

Has anyone used the baggage transfer from the pier to MSY that the airport offers? We don't fly out until 5:20 and would like to do a little sightseeing without lugging our bags. From reading the airport's website, it sounds really good, but... Feedback, please:) Thanks

As a side note...Last year we flew out of San Juan at 3 something, and just killed time in the airport. Because our ship was going in to drydock at the end of our cruise, we we able to stay on the ship until 11:00!!! :D It was wonderful...we sat and chatted with a number of the crew members about their lives, our lives, etc... very rewarding and one of our favorite experiences. I doubt though, that we'll be allowed to hang around on the ship so long this time:mad::p

• 2 weeks later...

We've never used this service out of New Orleans, but have used it out of San Juan. Best thing we've ever done. Worth every penny of not having to sit at the airport! Why waste the day? Especially in New Orleans where there is so much to do right by the ship! It would be my advice to do it!

One thing I can tell you, is that the ship charged us for extra baggage fees, etc., even though we shouldn't have been charged because we booked our flight before airlines started charging for luggage. If you do this, just be prepared to find out whether you get charged from the ship or airline the baggage fees.

Archived