NEW ORLEANS-Killing time before flight?

Prphan2

We fly out of MSY after 5:00 PM, so we'll have a number of hours to kill once we disembark. Pre-cruise we'll be spending time in the French Quarter, etc... the day/night before we sail, so we're looking for some insight on what other things to do. I'm thinking a cemetary or plantation tour. Thoughts? And how do we find the tours once we leave the ship? Thanks a bunch!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes the ship has excursions after the cruise check the Carnival Website. They have a debarkation Tour of New Orleans, but there are no prices. There's also a swamp tour, and they usually will hold your luggage. We did one in Fort Lauderdale before and everything was taken care of.

We fly out of MSY after 5:00 PM, so we'll have a number of hours to kill once we disembark. Pre-cruise we'll be spending time in the French Quarter, etc... the day/night before we sail, so we're looking for some insight on what other things to do. I'm thinking a cemetary or plantation tour. Thoughts? And how do we find the tours once we leave the ship? Thanks a bunch!!!

I do not know about cruise specific tours in New Orleans but I've spent plenty of time having fun there on my own! You will NOT have a hard time finding something to do. You must do Bourbon Street and drink a hurricane - but only at Pat O'Briens. If you are in the French Quarter in the daytime you need to go to Cafe du Monde and eat beignets. You can just walk around the square (Jackson Square) by Cafe du Monde and there are artists and performers, shops, the St. Louis Cathedral. We did a ghost tour in the quarter that was really fun. Depending on what hotel you stay in there might be a tour rep that will set it up for you.

Anything else you want to know about New Orleans, just ask!

You might want to check if your cruise offers a post cruise tour that drops you off at the airport.

MSY airport is truly a dull place even by airport standards.

You might want to contact one of the private tour companies that has a van that can pick you up at the port, tour you around and drop you off at MSY.

Archived