Cost of Massages onboard the Oosterdam

joyus

I seem to recall that my massage was $95.

No hot rocks, no aromatherapy, no soothing music - never again...

They did have a deal on the last sea day that my travel buddy took advantage of - I think it was $65 or $75. They were so overbooked that they called twice to postpone 'till later in the afternoon/early evening.

I've had much better massages - It's so not worth it...

I feel the same way!

I have tried massages both on the ship and at a spa and had a hard time relaxing with both. I have also had a manicure and pedicure (supposedly with a foot massage :rolleyes: ) that left a lot to be desired.

My DH, on the other hand, loves to get a massage onboard. :)

Thanks everyone, the price seems a bit high for a massage, but of course, I suppose most everything is higher at sea than on land. KATE-AHF, I went to the website, however, there is no pricing on it. I think I'll contact them about this particular ship.

My massage on the Oosterdam was $99 (in October 2004). It was one of the worst massages I have had. It was almost painful. I kept asking her to ease up, but she was dead set on grinding her knuckles into me. Also, she used sooooo much oil, I was dripping at the end. I think this is the mark of a bad massage, because with so much oil, they have to press down harder so their hands don't slip and they can't really work the skin/muscles as well.

The year before, also on the Oosterdam, DH and I did a couples massage. That was better, although other than being in the same room, it was pretty much just a regular old massage. We didn't talk to one another because we were trying to relax. I recall that being around $240. Basically the extra money was not worth it just to be in the same room.

I would recommend the hydrotherapy pool, which I was able to weasel my way into after the massage without paying the $15 per day charge. That was most relaxing.

Have fun--the Oosterdam is great!!

I don't think so. Our first Oosterdam cruise, the ship was brand new and they were giving it away for free with any spa booking. However, on the second cruise, I asked again to use it after the massage and the front desk clerk gave me (for about 30 seconds) a hard time ("it is not included") and then handed me a key without charging me. I never looked at the spa price list to see whether I was entitled to it or not. But, the way she reacted made me think that it was not included. Obviously, checking the price list would be the best way to know for sure.

I don't think so. Our first Oosterdam cruise, the ship was brand new and they were giving it away for free with any spa booking. However, on the second cruise, I asked again to use it after the massage and the front desk clerk gave me (for about 30 seconds) a hard time ("it is not included") and then handed me a key without charging me. I never looked at the spa price list to see whether I was entitled to it or not. But, the way she reacted made me think that it was not included. Obviously, checking the price list would be the best way to know for sure.

The front desk person at the spa on Oosterdam is just rude

Archived