NCL Sun Cabin 9203

rdnpdx1

Has anyone stayed in this cabin in recent months? I'd be interested in comments from recent cruisers who stayed in this cabin or its mirror image 9003, and any comparisons with 9002 and 9202 as well. We stayed in an aft suite on the Pearl last month - 9170 and felt it was a great suite. We especially liked the view out the stern. We are booked into 9203 on a June 2011 Baltic Capitals cruise and are not sure what to expect.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok back from cruise! It is a great cruise! (Baltic)

Room 9003 was around 500 ft. ....The largest room I have stayed in, and was extremely comfortable. My cousin and her Mom stayed in 9001...the layout was a bit different. They had two sinks. We only had one. However I prefered our layout.

My husband and I were on the Jewel with a two bedroom courtyard on a earlier cruise ...and I must tell you I prefered this room with the huge balcony. It was comfy.

The service was fantastic!

Barbara

• 1 month later...

Barbara -- We're going to be in 9003 in late October and can't wait! I'm thrilled to hear that you loved it. We've been in large aft suites but this will be our first at the fore. Do you have any photos, by chance? Also curious to know if these AD suites feature the dynamite cappuccino machines that NCL suite fans have mentioned?

ok back from cruise! It is a great cruise! (Baltic)

Room 9003 was around 500 ft. ....The largest room I have stayed in, and was extremely comfortable. My cousin and her Mom stayed in 9001...the layout was a bit different. They had two sinks. We only had one. However I prefered our layout.

My husband and I were on the Jewel with a two bedroom courtyard on a earlier cruise ...and I must tell you I prefered this room with the huge balcony. It was comfy.

The service was fantastic!

Barbara

We are booked in the mirror of 9003 in cabin 9203.

Did you have a pole in the middle of your cabin? I saw a photo of 9203 and there was a floor to ceiling pole by the bed.

• 3 weeks later...

No pole. The one my cousin and her Mom were in had one their suite was more in the middle (they had two sinks in the bath we had one), but ours was on the front and side...as yours will be.(our cabin appeared larger than theirs)

The other question....we just had a regular coffee machine.

You are going to love the Baltic!

But the room is so comfy.

No pole. The one my cousin and her Mom were in had one their suite was more in the middle (they had two sinks in the bath we had one), but ours was on the front and side...as yours will be.(our cabin appeared larger than theirs)

The other question....we just had a regular coffee machine.

You are going to love the Baltic!

But the room is so comfy.

Thanks for your answer!

We decided to switch our cabin to 8202, but will still have the forward balcony:)

Did you write a review of your Baltic cruise?

What did you do at each port?

I'm in the planning stages and would love to hear your accounts!

Thanks

• 3 years later...

We have Penthouse 9003 booked for our Thanksgiving Cruise, 2014. I'm aware of the forward balcony may not be unusable while we are at sea (we only have 2 sea days) and none of the aft cabins were available when I booked. We also had issued on another aft stateroom with engine smells and soot so we are fine with the forward stateroom. I've read a lot of posts but nothing recent (2013/2014).

So I have a couple of questions on this suite and Penthouse suites in general:

Does anyone have pictures or a general layout of 9003?

What are the perks of a Penthouse Suite (besides the Butler and concierge)?

Do we still pay the uplift charge at the specialty restaurants?

What other perks do we get with this suite?

• 4 weeks later...
We have Penthouse 9003 booked for our Thanksgiving Cruise, 2014. I'm aware of the forward balcony may not be unusable while we are at sea (we only have 2 sea days) and none of the aft cabins were available when I booked. We also had issued on another aft stateroom with engine smells and soot so we are fine with the forward stateroom. I've read a lot of posts but nothing recent (2013/2014).

So I have a couple of questions on this suite and Penthouse suites in general:

Does anyone have pictures or a general layout of 9003?

What are the perks of a Penthouse Suite (besides the Butler and concierge)?

Do we still pay the uplift charge at the specialty restaurants?

What other perks do we get with this suite?

I hope someone answers the OP with pictures, we have 9202 booked but I am considering switching to 9003 or 9203, looks like the cabin is larger and balcony is smaller, I would love to see pictures, as long as the balcony is large enough for 2 loungers and a table I would go for having more room in the cabin. There is a video of 9202 on youtube but I have not been able to find any pictures of 9003 or 9203, thanks to anyone that can help.:)

OP, you still pay upcharge and there is someone here on CC that has posted a nice list of perks, not sure were to tell you to find it, sorry.