Captains dinner?

audi02

Hello everyone,

I'm getting married on Carnvial Inspiration October 2010. Many of my guest are asking me if they need to bring a formal gown for a captains dinner. I can't find any info on the website about it. I'm doing the 4 night, straight to cozumel cruise. I don't know if they have a formal night on shorter cruises or if carnival does them at all. Anyone have any info?

This will be our 5th cruise, even the shortest cruises have one formal night, and this is when the captains party will be held. The party is usually held before dinner. You don't have to get all dressed up if you dont want to. Any dress will be suitable for the formal dinner.

As mentioned, EVERY cruise has a "formal night". No, you don't have to dress for dinner...but I would feel like the odd ball showing up at the main dining room not dressed in my best. If I didn't want to dress for it, I'd hit the Lido deck.

If you attend the captain's party (free cocktails and staff introductions) I highly recommended dressing appropriately out of respect for the captain. He will be dressed in his formal uniform as well.

Men usually dress in dress shirts, ties and slacks...but it is VERY common to see jackets as well as tuxes. My husband wears dress shirt, tie and slacks. He has only worn his jacket once.

Woman dress in pants suits, cocktail dresses, skirt & blouse...but I've seen full blown ball gown as well. I've always worn cocktail dresses.

You don't have to go all out...but it's nice to dress as if you were going to a wedding or Christmas party.

Also, it makes for nice photos having everyone dressed up! :)

Archived