Just retruned - day pass @ Crane

gpower

The taxi ride to the Crane takes about 25minutes, which we didn't mind as we got to see the island. Upon arrival we were told they suspended day passes due to beach erosion :confused:. I promptly took out my email trail with the resort stating we didn't need to pre-book and we should just show up. The lady went to the back, and when she returned told us we could not go on the beach, but could give us a day pass for the rest of the resort. The pass was half the price, and we weren't planning to spend a lot of time on the beach anyway :).

The resort is beautiful, the pools and views were amazing, also the lunch we had was delicious and very reasonable. Not sure I would go back due to the drive and the cost of the taxi, but was very happy with the day

A word of caution to anyone planning to go for the day - I would call ahead to confirm they are offering the passes.

We were on Summit last Month.

My wife was 3 weeks post knee surgery so we needed a place with good facilites to spend the day.

We stoped in Barbados and did the Barbados "HILTON".

They offered a US$35.00 for each adult.

Included Very Nice beach plus 2 pools and other facilities.

The price included a Lunch right from the POOL Bar Manu so we were able to pick Flying fish sandwich for wife or Full loaded chesseburger an fries for Son and a COBB Salad for me. They all inlcuded a drink. So at the end the price of the lunch covers the admision price. So overall a great deal.

They had a bussiness center there i was able to log in and catch up with all my e-mails in 30 minutes for $4.00

We were on Summit last Month.

My wife was 3 weeks post knee surgery so we needed a place with good facilites to spend the day.

We stoped in Barbados and did the Barbados "HILTON".

They offered a US$35.00 for each adult.

Included Very Nice beach plus 2 pools and other facilities.

The price included a Lunch right from the POOL Bar Manu so we were able to pick Flying fish sandwich for wife or Full loaded chesseburger an fries for Son and a COBB Salad for me. They all inlcuded a drink. So at the end the price of the lunch covers the admision price. So overall a great deal.

They had a bussiness center there i was able to log in and catch up with all my e-mails in 30 minutes for $4.00

What beach is near the Hilton. How long was it from the port? And do you remember how much the taxi fare was. This sounds like a good option for our May cruise.

We took a Minivan taxi for just the 4 of us we asked for a Drop off and then Pick up no tour. HE charged US30 total each way for the 4 of us.

The Hilton has its own little beach.( You can check out their Hotel website for pictures)

Is clean full of umbrellas.

Right on the midlle is had waves but if you go to the right side of the beach there is a much calmer area of beach. Water was Nice clean and Blue......

The pools were both very nice.

The facilities were great.

We just relaxed had some drinks and then had the included lunch.

As i mentioned before my wife was 3 weeks post knee surgery so she could not really rought it. It was a wonderfull day.

We also did a day pass in a hotel in Tobago. It was about $65.00 US there. THe Hotel was much smaller there but it was Incredibly peacefull.

So $35.00 US was a bargain considering...

Ed

Archived