Coral World help

Slyfox16

Was there last month. You can set up a tour through your ship, if you wish to go. You can also just hop on one of the safari style taxis to take you there. Buy your tix online and save a buck or 2; IIRC they take paypal.

It's a family oriented place for travelers of all ages. There are some interactive displays where you can touch starfish and sea cukes, feed stingrays, feed the lorries (small colorful birds that sit on your head and arms), the underwater observatory, a nature walk with caribbean ducks and red footed tortoise, a feeding frenzy of their large indoor/outdoor aquarium, and plenty of wild iguanas to step on. *whew*

That was a mouthful.

My personal observation was that this is mainly for kids. It's like seaworld, but on a MUCH smaller scale. The main emphasis on the building of this park was to use the local species for plants, corals, fish, and crustaceans in their displays.

After you are done with the park, you can go to Coki Point Beach which is right there and have fun.

I wouldn't go again, it didn't live up to my expectations, but the tour was informative and a good way to kill time. If you go, go early to see some of the feedings. I have a brochure with the feeding schedules on it if you are interested in the times they feed.

How long does it take to enjoy the park (we have 7 year old and 3 year old). Was trying to decide how much they will be entertained (is there enough to do for them)?

Is the beach you referenced just a public beach next to the park?

How long and what was the taxi cost?

Thanks!

How long does it take to enjoy the park (we have 7 year old and 3 year old).
About 2-3 hours. Longer if you like to browse and relax.

Was trying to decide how much they will be entertained (is there enough to do for them)?
Seemed that the children had more fun than the adults. They'll be fine. Take them to the Lorikeets and go to the Stingray Lagoon show at 10:30 or 1:30. The kids get to feed the stingrays and they'll get a kick outta that.
Is the beach you referenced just a public beach next to the park?
Yes!

How long and what was the taxi cost?

Didn't take a taxi, but I guess you could. I did the tour through Princess at $49 PP. It's a 3 hour round trip. If you plan on staying at the beach, then take one of those Safari style taxi's and pay your own way into the park.

Here is their website with pricing info and what days they are closing. They are open only certain weekdays from May - October.

http://www.coralworldvi.com/

Thanks!

You're welcome! If you need more info on the park, I have the flyer they gave out with the feeding schedule. I'd go in the morning, before it gets too hot outside.

Archived