What time to arrive in NYC port for April 21st Miracle cruise

march272010

Hi Evereyone, This is my first post. I have to say i have read some great info on here from everyone. Wanted to say thanks! I also have a question. My husband and I live in eastern long island and are taking a town car to the port the morning of our cruise (its our Honeymoon:)) Not sure what time we should leave. It takes approx 2 hours to get to the docks. The Embarkation time is 1pm. What time do you think we should leave our house. Thanks!!

Suffolk county is at least an hour drive from end to end, so not knowing where you live......

All I can say is plan on being there between 10:30 and 11. Beat the crowds, and you're one of the first ones on.

I also live on Long Island and took the Miracle out of NYC. If they say embarkation starts at 1pm, you really will be able to get on the ship much earlier. We got to the port by 11am the latest and were on the ship in 30 mins.

You know how LI traffic can be so I would suggest leaving your house bteween 8:30 and 9am. We took the LIRR to Penn then took a cab to the west side so traffic wasnt really an issue for us.

Thanks for your responces!

We have Vip check in since we upgraded to a suite. Does that make a differance as to what time we should arrive. I am trying to avoid waking up early--LOL (wake up at 5am for work)

Well you will have a shorter line but I dont know if it will save you that much time. You can always sleep in the car on the way in!

Thanks for your responses!

We have Vip check in since we upgraded to a suite. Does that make a differance as to what time we should arrive. I am trying to avoid waking up early--LOL (wake up at 5am for work)

Only if you don't want to be on the ship so early.

With VIP check - in, yes, you'll bypass the masses, but it's the traffic outside that can build up sometimes.

Only if you don't want to be on the ship so early.

With VIP check - in, yes, you'll bypass the masses, but it's the traffic outside that can build up sometimes.

Thanks MrPete--

So true about the traffic. We like to get places early so I think 9am is a good time to leave.

Hi Evereyone, This is my first post. I have to say i have read some great info on here from everyone. Wanted to say thanks! I also have a question. My husband and I live in eastern long island and are taking a town car to the port the morning of our cruise (its our Honeymoon:)) Not sure what time we should leave. It takes approx 2 hours to get to the docks. The Embarkation time is 1pm. What time do you think we should leave our house. Thanks!!

Welcome to CC!!

We'll be sailing with you! Check out our roll call on the Roll Calls board! We're planning on arriving at the port at 11ish. I figure the earlier we get on board the faster our vacation begins! :)

Archived