Caribbean weather!!!!

KACYKANE

We are going on our first cruise 4/18/10 on the Freedom to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. I have been watching the weather forcast and it seems to be stormy and rainy this entire next week. I know that it is a week until our ship sails and a lot can change weather wise. My question is...what is your experience of Caribbean weather in mid April? I have been worried that it is going to be overcast and rainy everyday. DOes the weather change quickly? We booked in April because we thought that we had the best chance of good weather. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. Get out your crystal balls!:D Kelly

weather changes every 10 mins there. One minute it could be raining cats and dogs and literally 10 mins later its sunny and bright. I have also seen it where its raining on one side of the street and sunny and clear on the other side of the street when we were in Cayman. Pretty crazy.

The past few years we have cruised in very early May. I have noticed the seas are very calm and we had beautiful weather. I don't want to jinx myself but it has never rained when we were on our cruises this time of year. That's why we chose to go again on 4/25. I won't watch the weather forecast before we leave. Like previous posters stated, when it rains in tropical weather, it might rain for 5-10 minutes and then the sun is out.

Don't worry about it. Even if you have a little rain, you are on vacation!

We are going on our first cruise 4/18/10 on the Freedom to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. I have been watching the weather forcast and it seems to be stormy and rainy this entire next week. I know that it is a week until our ship sails and a lot can change weather wise. My question is...what is your experience of Caribbean weather in mid April? I have been worried that it is going to be overcast and rainy everyday. DOes the weather change quickly? We booked in April because we thought that we had the best chance of good weather. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. Get out your crystal balls!:D Kelly

Don't worry about the weather, like others have said, there is ALWAYS a chance of rain in the Caribbean. Go and have a great time!

Sue

Hi Kelly, I will be on this boat with you! I have heard that the weather in teh Carribean is a lot like Florida weather, it will rain for a few minutes almost daily, but rarely have an all day rain out, coming out of the winter I bet the rain will be welcome in the tropical paraidse! I cannot wait 1 week to go!!!!!

It is like HI, you can get a deluge every day for like 15 minutes and it stops. One time in St. Martin, it was pouring on us at the pier and we walked 100 feet and there was no more rain, yet we could still see the rain falling where we walked.

I wear ABC (altimeter/barometer/compass) watches and they can give you a hint when it will rain. For example, my Timex WS4 has icons for the weather (sun, partly cloudy, cloudy and rain) and when I see it go to rain, that means rain is maybe 4 hours away.

Hi Kelly and Kelly, it's Cindy from the roll call.

As you know my "rain" story from two weeks ago the rain gods will take pity on me and there will not be any rain next week for our cruise:D

This is my third April cruise and I have never had rain:D

Hi Kelly and Kelly, it's Cindy from the roll call.

As you know my "rain" story from two weeks ago the rain gods will take pity on me and there will not be any rain next week for our cruise:D

This is my third April cruise and I have never had rain:D

Hey Cindy!

I am trying not be be worried! Twelve years ago we went to Cayman in November for our honeymoon. When we touched down at the airport in was pouring! I looked at my new husband and said: "this is going to be a long 10 days..." When we arrived at the hotel it was sunny and did not rain again until...we got back on the plane! I know nothing is ever perfect but it is my little guys first time out of the country and I want it special for him! We are so excited here! So sorry about your home...thank GOd you are all OK...hope nothing irreplacable was lost! See you soon!:)

weather changes every 10 mins there. One minute it could be raining cats and dogs and literally 10 mins later its sunny and bright. I have also seen it where its raining on one side of the street and sunny and clear on the other side of the street when we were in Cayman. Pretty crazy.

I can do you one better...I moved to Dominica in January 09 and the 2nd week here I was walking down the street to school under a beautiful, cloudless Caribbean sky....and it started pouring down rain on me....Again, NO CLOUDS!!! :) What I figure is, here, the island is so thin, that rain showers on the eastern half of the island can have their clouds hidden by the mountains that run down the center of the island but the trade winds can lift the falling rain up and over the mountains causing the rain fall to occur on the western half!!! :eek:... it was really freaky and I learned very quickly to always have a small umbrella with me even if the sun was shining and there were no clouds in sight!!! :D

I have cruised two times in April and once at the end of March. I have had perfect weather on all trips. Even if it rains, it does so for ten minutes and then it is beautiful again. You will have a great time!

Archived