Thomson...Celebration

hello, my hubby and i shall be going on our first cruise 17th May for 1 week and then a week in Calis,Fethiye

Hubby has been wanting to cruise for some time now but i'm not all that kean, i'm not very good on boats but have agreed to try this cruise Turkey and Greece as i can jump ship and fly into dalaman if i really don't like it.

Many people i have spoken to have said once you've cruised you'll always cruise, i'm just hoping that's the same for me.

Looking forward to doing Emphesis and Istanbul and that's mainly the reason for doing this cruise, so fingers and toes crossed i enjoy it

Have enjoyed reading all the reviews on the different ships and finally registered today]]Regards

Taffy130

hello, my hubby and i shall be going on our first cruise 17th May for 1 week and then a week in Calis,Fethiye

Hubby has been wanting to cruise for some time now but i'm not all that kean, i'm not very good on boats but have agreed to try this cruise Turkey and Greece as i can jump ship and fly into dalaman if i really don't like it.

Many people i have spoken to have said once you've cruised you'll always cruise, i'm just hoping that's the same for me.

Looking forward to doing Emphesis and Istanbul and that's mainly the reason for doing this cruise, so fingers and toes crossed i enjoy it

Have enjoyed reading all the reviews on the different ships and finally registered today]]Regards

Taffy130

Hello and welcome.

You say you're not very good on ships - by that do you mean you tend to get motion sickness? If so many of us on here recommend Stugeron which you can buy over the counter at Boots. Take it as a preventative if you are susceptible to seasickness - two hours before sailing and hopefully that will do the trick! It does for me - on a couple of occasions when I've forgotten and it's got choppy, I've not been good at all - but with the pills I'm fine.

We'll be interested to know how you got on - let us know. As long as you don't have a problem sailing, I'm sure you'll love it.

I have always said that I don't like boats and don't like the water but was persuaded to travel on Thomson Celebration in March 2009 and absolutely loved it. I used normal travel sickness tablets for the first 2 days and was fine after that. On the countdown now for Thomson Dream in May. I am sure you will no sooner be back till you are looking at booking your next cruise. Enjoy it.

Did Red Sea Cruise 11th March - never cruised before - just loved it. I suffer from panic attacks and hate the idea of "of being stuck" somewhere. Anxiety levels were up by 90 before we went. Have to say from the moment I boarded the Ship I was perfect. Not a bother on me for the entire week. Hubby couldn't believe it. The moment we came back I was on to TA for next May on the Celebration.

We did the Red Sea Cruise on Celebration in November. One of the plus points being that the ship didn't sail every day but stopped overnight in both Aquaba and for those staying in hotel overnight for Valley of Kings. OH did not need to take any tablets. He was always reluctant to take holidays including sea travel but can't wait for our next cruise on Celebration in May.

I was the same before I cruised. :) We went on the Red Sea cruise in Feb 2008 with a week in Sharm to follow, so that if we did not like cruising we had a week to get over it, but we loved it :):) Have been on 5 cruises now and two more booked. I don't think I have ever met anyone who has been on a cruise who didn't love it and is now hooked:):):)

Celebration is a good choice for a first cruise and the Red sea is like a mill pond. Enjoy!!

Linda

We did our first cruise in feb aboard the celebration ( Red Sea) with freinds who have cruised before, we need not have worried, it was fantastic, I even got dressed up for the captains night and I don't normally do suits and dicky bows as a rule but my wife and I thorouglly enjoyed it, were now looking when we can fit another one in.

thanks for the tip on the sea sickness tablets. It's not so much motion sickness it's the thought of not being able to see land!

Taffy

The great thing about cruising in the Aegean and the Med is that there is nearly always something to see. Coastline, either the mainland or islands and passing shipping.

The advantage of the cruise you have chosen is that you are never far from land. Either the coasts of Greece or Turkey and the Aegean islands as you cruise along and can see them.

Also don't forget most days you will be ashore exploring in the daytime and in the evenings enjoying the entertainment aboard.

It's not like the Colourful Coasts cruise out in the Atlantic where you see nothing at all between the ports.

Have a great time.

Berwyn

Archived