Just Back 3rd-10th April Colourful Coasts

jessie36

Hi Berwyn,

So sorry to hear about the accident, puts my tummy trouble in to perspective. I hope you can get your wedding rings stretched, and you are feeling much better soon. I should imagine your cruise cannot come quick enough now.and I wont mention the "T" word.

Take good care

Jessie

Thanks Jessie,

feeling better thanks apart from a bit of spine stiffness. And Diane the driver isn't too bad.

Yes theyll be able to stretch the rings. I'll leave it a while for mine as the skin under where it sits is sore and red.

No they still haven't arrived. But thank goodness we are not going this week with no flights. :eek:

All those people missing their holidays :(

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Glad you're not too sore today. It's my worst nightmare being stranded at the airport, what are you supposed to do? Go home and go back to work to save the holiday days or stick it out. I saw in one of the papers that insurers are not legally allowed to pull the "Act of God" stunt so let's hope that's correct.

Jan

Hi Berwyn

Glad you're not too sore today. It's my worst nightmare being stranded at the airport, what are you supposed to do? Go home and go back to work to save the holiday days or stick it out. I saw in one of the papers that insurers are not legally allowed to pull the "Act of God" stunt so let's hope that's correct.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks, no they haven't been able to use Act of God for a while now. We have Thomson's insurance and just had a quick browse. It looks like they would cover in this sort of situation under delayed departure.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Thanks, no they haven't been able to use Act of God for a while now. We have Thomson's insurance and just had a quick browse. It looks like they would cover in this sort of situation under delayed departure.

Berwyn

There's a couple in the MailOnline today claiming they contacted their insurers and were told it was an act of god :eek:. They'll always try it on. Really quiet here with no planes, although we don't usually get them as much now unless they take off the other way, if you know what I mean.:D

Jan

There's a couple in the MailOnline today claiming they contacted their insurers and were told it was an act of god :eek:. They'll always try it on. Really quiet here with no planes, although we don't usually get them as much now unless they take off the other way, if you know what I mean.:D

Jan

That's what they get for cheap insurance perhaps.?

I know hat you mean, have a look at this I posted earlier on the Volcano thread

I've been working the past 2 nights and here on the N. Wales coast we're right under the flight paths for Liverpool and Manchester.And normally as dawn breaks

the sky is full of vapour trails as they're passing overhead to land at 6 a.m

There's been nothing the past 2 mornings just a clear sky.

I've never seen that before in 30 years of working nights.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

I know this should be on the volcano thread but as you mentioned it here this is off the Thomson's site.

Given the significant disruption to its flying programme, Thomson Airways has now taken the decision to cancel all outbound flights due to operate on Thursday 15th April and Friday 16th April (except flight TOM128). Customers who were due to travel on these flights may now:

o Amend to an alternative holiday without incurring normal administration fees. If the alternative holiday is cheaper than the original, then the difference in price will be refunded.

o If we are unable to secure an alternative holiday, we will allow customers to cancel with a full refund without incurring normal administration fees.

Affected customers, who booked via the website, are advised to contact our dedicated team on 0800 009 3833 which will be open 0700-2200 daily. Those customers that booked via a travel agency or a call centre should contact their booking agent.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

That's fair enough I think. I wonder if the passengers on the IE are going round again :D:D. I presume that the ship pays mooring fees in each port so is obliged to move on, I think. I don't know too much about maritime things. They could disembark in Funchal on Monday and fly home, it's an odd one that. I know we all moan about tour companies but they have some difficult problems to solve at a moments notice.

Jan

Hi Jan,

They might be quicker sailing home with them all seeing as they can't fly home.

Berwyn

That's true, they could get back in 3 days.:D:D

Or, stay on until repositioning and walk back from Spain, dragging their cases along. I know, we shouldn't joke but ....:D. It could be us one day though and I do feel sorry for them, it must be awful AND it gets expensive when you start going over budget.

Who feels sorry for airport cab drivers? not me!! Only living 10 minutes drive away we always get 'the attitude' when we get back. The airport worker responsible for the taxi rank said that local people ask him to tell the cab drivers where they're going as they're too scared of the response.:eek: Karma, I bet if I went to the airport now and hailed a cab they'd be fighting over me.:D:D. They'd love you, though, going to North Wales.

Going to pay balance tomorrow and get some of that wine from Asda, yum, yum. Unless you've bought it all.

Off thread again, sorry Jessie I'll stop now.

Is the Atlantic Sunrise 2011 cruise the repositioning cruise as I thought they missed Agadir and went via Casablanca and don't they miss out Agadir altogether this year? Are you planning on spending the previous week onboard as you are worried about going to Agadir? Just wondered.

Jan

That's true, they could get back in 3 days.

Or, stay on until repositioning and walk back from Spain, dragging their cases along. I know, we shouldn't joke but ....:D. It could be us one day though and I do feel sorry for them, it must be awful AND it gets expensive when you start going over budget.

Who feels sorry for airport cab drivers? not me!! Only living 10 minutes drive away we always get 'the attitude' when we get back. The airport worker responsible for the taxi rank said that local people ask him to tell the cab drivers where they're going as they're too scared of the response.:eek: Karma, I bet if I went to the airport now and hailed a cab they'd be fighting over me.:D:D. They'd love you, though, going to North Wales.

Going to pay balance tomorrow and get some of that wine from Asda, yum, yum. Unless you've bought it all.

Off thread again, sorry Jessie I'll stop now.

Is the Atlantic Sunrise 2011 cruise the repositioning cruise as I thought they missed Agadir and went via Casablanca and don't they miss out Agadir altogether this year? Are you planning on spending the previous week onboard as you are worried about going to Agadir? Just wondered.

Jan

Hi Jan,

You might be too late with Asda, we've just been for a supply for DW for weekend and they'd all sold out here.

Taxi drivers. The normal average price for a return trip to the airport is £130 :eek:

It's cheaper for us to do an overnight stay in hotel with parking on site for 8 days.

At least they can walk back from Spain to the ferry. We're going from Palma and I can't swim :eek: Help!! Glug.....

Berwyn

:oWe are not doing all of the atlantic sunrise, just the 8 nights joining the ship in madeira. Casablanca to me will still be morrocco although it is not Agadir, still puts me off though. I quite fancied the other ports and nice to end up back in Palma for short flight home, but all dependant on the re-fit and not sure I can wait that long to change the booking. Its funny but now I am feeling better, looking back it was not that awful, and probably good that I was ill so I did not have to eat the food!!

We are on the Dream for Christmas/new year to celebrate Father in laws 65th so have obviously not been put off too much, still comes down to decisions,decisions.

Have not mentioned to inlaws about food/illness too much as they are first time cruisers and dont want to worry them. At least we are not on IE this week with the Ash cloud as I may not have been able to get home.

I just hope anyone else travelling on her has a great time and the food has improved.

Time will tell:)

Noooo!! they can't have sold out. So now I'm just left with a muffin and a candle for my birthday after paying the balance tomorrow.:eek:

Guess what I can't swim either. I just sink to the bottom no matter what I try, useless :D:D. You could always buy an inflatable dinghy and row back, it wouldn't take long, you should be back by Christmas.

I've done it again, gone off thread, when I just said I'd stop it. I've got the memory span of a goldfish. I must not do it again, I must not do it again. Ha,ha,ha,ha!!! Now where are those bananas?

Jan

:oWe are not doing all of the atlantic sunrise, just the 8 nights joining the ship in madeira. Casablanca to me will still be morrocco although it is not Agadir, still puts me off though. I quite fancied the other ports and nice to end up back in Palma for short flight home, but all dependant on the re-fit and not sure I can wait that long to change the booking. Its funny but now I am feeling better, looking back it was not that awful, and probably good that I was ill so I did not have to eat the food!!

We are on the Dream for Christmas/new year to celebrate Father in laws 65th so have obviously not been put off too much, still comes down to decisions,decisions.

Have not mentioned to inlaws about food/illness too much as they are first time cruisers and dont want to worry them. At least we are not on IE this week with the Ash cloud as I may not have been able to get home.

I just hope anyone else travelling on her has a great time and the food has improved.

Time will tell:)

Hi Jessie

I don't know anything about Casablanca but it might be a nicer place with better trips. I suppose the ship has to get back across from Madeira somehow. Perhaps someone who's been to Casablanca might be able to advise.

It might be me but I didn't find the food that bad, a bit canteen like at breakfast but dinner was ok. No worse than most hotels we've been in but then it's different when you're not well. Having said that after the first day we didn't touch the chips or potatoes and had pasta or salad with dinner.

All the best

Jan

Noooo!! they can't have sold out. So now I'm just left with a muffin and a candle for my birthday after paying the balance tomorrow.:eek:

Guess what I can't swim either. I just sink to the bottom no matter what I try, useless :D:D. You could always buy an inflatable dinghy and row back, it wouldn't take long, you should be back by Christmas.

I've done it again, gone off thread, when I just said I'd stop it. I've got the memory span of a goldfish. I must not do it again, I must not do it again. Ha,ha,ha,ha!!! Now where are those bananas?

Jan

Not worried about getting back Jan, just getting out there for the 27th.

You can't afford the bananas now Jan, they said as no flights coming in imported fruit and veg will be in short supply and very expensive.

You'll have to use a tin of Smartprice fruit cocktail instead :D

Berwyn

Not worried about getting back Jan, just getting out there for the 27th.

You can't afford the bananas now Jan, they said as no flights coming in imported fruit and veg will be in short supply and very expensive.

You'll have to use a tin of Smartprice fruit cocktail instead :D

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

You're a tease :D:D. Got the Pinot Grigio this morning. Hurray!!:D

Got some pineapple in the freezer, that'll have to do.

Jan

Hi Berwyn

You're a tease :D:D. Got the Pinot Grigio this morning. Hurray!!:D

Got some pineapple in the freezer, that'll have to do.

Jan

Hi Jan, You did well, they'd cleared our shelves of it.

You'll definitely look like Carmen Miranda if you use the pineapple :D

Just been to Chester shopping after working all night, DW got some more clothes for the cruise we may or may not be going on :eek::D

They still haven't moved the ship yet

Berwyn

Hi Jan, You did well, they'd cleared our shelves of it.

You'll definitely look like Carmen Miranda if you use the pineapple :D

Just been to Chester shopping after working all night, DW got some more clothes for the cruise we may or may not be going on :eek::D

They still haven't moved the ship yet

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Looked liked they'd re-stocked so keep trying. It's getting a bit close for you though, with the volcano, ship repairs and no tickets. Do you think someone is trying to tell you something?:D. You can get up off your knees and stop praying now. Lovely day here today. The travel journalist Simon Calder was in Norway and got a berth on a container ship to Grimsby, I think, then a train back to London. Do you think DW could do a bit of fish gutting if you have to do the same after your cruise to pay for the passage. lol. :D:D

Jan

Hi Jessie

I don't know anything about Casablanca but it might be a nicer place with better trips. I suppose the ship has to get back across from Madeira somehow. Perhaps someone who's been to Casablanca might be able to advise.

It might be me but I didn't find the food that bad, a bit canteen like at breakfast but dinner was ok. No worse than most hotels we've been in but then it's different when you're not well. Having said that after the first day we didn't touch the chips or potatoes and had pasta or salad with dinner.

All the best

Jan

Casablanca is just as bad if not worse than Agadir.

Regards

Susan

Hi Berwyn

Looked liked they'd re-stocked so keep trying. It's getting a bit close for you though, with the volcano, ship repairs and no tickets. Do you think someone is trying to tell you something?:D. You can get up off your knees and stop praying now. Lovely day here today. The travel journalist Simon Calder was in Norway and got a berth on a container ship to Grimsby, I think, then a train back to London. Do you think DW could do a bit of fish gutting if you have to do the same after your cruise to pay for the passage. lol. :D:D

Jan

PHOO!! NO!! I like my fish ready cooked and covered in batter from the fish and chip shop.

This cruise seems to have been jinxed from the start. Or it feels like it. We've still got 10 days to play with yet.

At least we can get a full refund from Thomson's. We'll just have to sort out some sort of UK last minute break instead. Unfortunately DW is stuck with her holidays at same time as me to the cruise and the September Mexico holiday.

On the bright side we could book Red Sea Magic for next April instead if it all goes pear shaped. At least we grow them here so won't be in short supply :D

Berwyn

Anything going last minute from Liverpool or Southampton? Just in case.

Jan

Not to suit. Nothing going for a week so early. AllPrincess ones for example are fly ones in Caribbean.

Cruiserman has just reported they've cancelled his staff mini cruise for the 19th. on the Thomson's board

Not to suit. Nothing going for a week so early. AllPrincess ones for example are fly ones in Caribbean.

Cruiserman has just reported they've cancelled his staff mini cruise for the 19th. on the Thomson's board

That's a shame, about the cruise I mean. I think you will be ok though, we never get high pressure for long and when the wind changes it should move the ash away north and west.

Jan

That's a shame, about the cruise I mean. I think you will be ok though, we never get high pressure for long and when the wind changes it should move the ash away north and west.

Jan

Yes, we need a good south westerly with gales and showers for a week. Like the October gales and blow it north over the Arctic.

Volcano dust. We've had nothing here, but I was talking to a chap from Mold near Wrexham when we were in Chester. It's a few miles inland and they've had a coating of the dust over their cars overnight. We've got nothing here, I think because of the sea breeze.

Berwyn

Archived