Atlantis day passes for water park

Ohio Disney Mom

Hi! I have read quite a few posts on here saying you can do Atlantis by yourself, seperate from a shore excursion. I called Atlantis and was told that only a certain number of day passes for the water park are offered...first come first served. Does anyone know how quickly those run out? Our ship doesn't get ashore until 9:30 a.m., do we have a chance? Thanks!! :confused:

Hi! I have read quite a few posts on here saying you can do Atlantis by yourself, seperate from a shore excursion. I called Atlantis and was told that only a certain number of day passes for the water park are offered...first come first served. Does anyone know how quickly those run out? Our ship doesn't get ashore until 9:30 a.m., do we have a chance? Thanks!! :confused:

All depends on how many other ships are in port and how many people are staying at hotels other than Atlantis that want to visit the water park. When we went last year they were out very early in the morning. All they had left was passes to the Dig (Aquarium). We got our tickets through the ship and had no problems.

Man....I was afraid of that....thanks falconfan. I was trying to avoid going through Disney for the Aquaventure passes because Disney's mark-up on the 4 passes we need is an additional $160 over the day passes offered at the resort itself.

IMO it is worth the extra money, especially if you have kids that are really looking forward to the water park.

Last year we went and some bad thunderstorms closed the water park. Since we bought our tickets through Carnival we were refunded our money, those that bought on their own through getting a hotel room at Atlantis had no such luck. All they were offered was a rain check. There were a lot of people complaining at the Pursers desk because they did not get the refund that everyone that purchased the Carnival excursion received.

You can book a room through Comfort Suites on Paradise Island, as they have full access to the Atlantis Resort. I did this on my August Disney Wonder cruise and it worked out great, it was less than going through the cruise and very easy to do. You can go to the hotel, check in and get your wrist bands as soon as you get off of the ship. Go over to the Bahamas port of call boards; they talk about it over there quite a bit.

Archived