What formal night to pick?

Before we booked this trip my husband asked if there were formal nights on the Oasis in the MDR because he does not enjoy dressing up in a suit and tie at all. He prefers to wear polo shirts and dockers. I told him as usual there were two and I really wanted to go to at least one. I know dinner is only about 2 hours but its his vacation too and I don't mind meeting him half way. So we agreed to go to one of the formal nights. My question is which one would be the better pick the first or last?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We ate in the dining room every night and as far as formal nights go, we enjoyed lobster night the best. I believe the first formal night was prime rib but wouldnt swear to it. The lobster was very good, extraordinary actually considering how many of them they have to make at one time and how far they need to travel to get to the table. It is very easy to overcook a lobster, these were perfect. Prime rib was good, not great, but I am not a big prime rib fan. My husband and son wore a navy sport coat, Docker type chinos and a collared shirt for both formal nights and were in line with the majority of other men. A few tuxes, some suits, but mostly blazers and chinos/khakis. There were a few men with collared shirts and chinos/khakis no blazers. Enjoy!

Thanks nydoll1 for the reply and info. The 2nd formal sounds the best then since lobster is his favorite. I will make it a point to see what others are wearing that night for our next cruise! Always have to have another cruise to look forward too! Thanks again!

First formal is always prime rib and lobster the second on all ships.

Please understand no matter what anyone wears, there are plenty of people casual. If you are comfortable with that then go to the dining room. You are paying for the cruise and the food in the MDR. You do not have to be exiled to Windjammer or spend money in the specialty restaurants. No one really cares how the next person dresses. They get dressed up because THEY want to. Enjoy your vacation!

Archived