Giant Crown Royal

MrsZee

From our last cruise, I remember seeing a GIANT Crown Royal bottle in the liquor shop on board. It was the biggest I have ever seen and it came with some sort of gift, but I don't remember what it was. Can anyone tell me the estimated price for it? I am thinking of getting it for my husband when we go in May but I would like to be prepared money wise.

I also remember seeing the biggest Hennessey bottle ever too... Too bad I ain't into it:rolleyes:

From our last cruise, I remember seeing a GIANT Crown Royal bottle in the liquor shop on board. It was the biggest I have ever seen and it came with some sort of gift, but I don't remember what it was. Can anyone tell me the estimated price for it? I am thinking of getting it for my husband when we go in May but I would like to be prepared money wise.

My wife won one as a raffle prize on the Valor. Its 3 liters if I recall correctly and the price tag was $60.00 for it if you were to purchase. Very good deal for such a HUGE bottle of crown. Only down side is getting it home. We had to wrap it really good in our checked baggage for the flight home....and arrange weight properly so we didnt go over the 50lb limit on the airline. That bottle weighs a lot!!!

I think it was in the $60.00 range. For the same price you could get 4 one litre bottles (as opposed to 3 in the big bottle). Not worth it.

you actually only can get 3 bottles because they are 20 dollars each. I bought one this year. My buddy bought the huge bottle just for funny conversation piece and we finished half of it sharing with people by dinner that night, however security kicked us out, made us bring it back to the room, haha. We finished the rest in our post stay in South Beach. Just barely.

I think its more of a novelty then a practicality. Its neat and a lot of people ask me where I got it when they see it displayed. we wont open it...its all for show, just like my bottle of patron platinum and crystal bottle of Louis XIII :D

You have one?Really? The 750ml hand blown bottle with the presentation case? Or do you have the diamond edition?

Steve

I think it was in the $60.00 range. For the same price you could get 4 one litre bottles (as opposed to 3 in the big bottle). Not worth it.

you actually only can get 3 bottles because they are 20 dollars each. I bought one this year. My buddy bought the huge bottle just for funny conversation piece and we finished half of it sharing with people by dinner that night, however security kicked us out, made us bring it back to the room, haha. We finished the rest in our post stay in South Beach. Just barely.

It all depends on why you are buying it, the booze alone...not that good of a deal. If for a souvenir or the novelty effect, it a matter of personal value.

I agree the way your group went at it, the 4 bottles would make more sense.

We bought one on our last cruise... and it is huge! Luckily we drove down and didn't have to fly with it. We didn't get a free gift with it, but the bottle itself is a really neat keepsake and conversation piece. And the liquor sure does attrack lots of friends over.:rolleyes:

They had the same/similar item on RCL last year. I did the math, and the price per liter was more expensive in that bottle, so I bought multiple standard 1L bottles. It did come with a pocket flask, that was wrapped in the purple baggie material as a bonus gift. The clerk at the shop said no one was taking the gift with the big bottle purchase, so he let me have a flask anyway!

I did not care about the big bottle, got the gift anyway and saw the big bottle as a pain to travel home with.

If the price per liter was less in that bottle, I would have no complaints about wrestling that bad-boy home!

They had the same/similar item on RCL last year. I did the math, and the price per liter was more expensive in that bottle, so I bought multiple standard 1L bottles. It did come with a pocket flask, that was wrapped in the purple baggie material as a bonus gift. The clerk at the shop said no one was taking the gift with the big bottle purchase, so he let me have a flask anyway!

I did not care about the big bottle, got the gift anyway and saw the big bottle as a pain to travel home with.

If the price per liter was less in that bottle, I would have no complaints about wrestling that bad-boy home!

I think that was it! The Crown flask. Well, maybe it will come with a gift, if it doesn't, I think I will still get it for him. Now... where would I store such a thing...

When the U S government mandated that distilled spirits sold in ths U S had to be sold in metric weight units in 1979, it also became illegal to sell any distilled spirit in any size larger that 1.75 liters, or .46 of a gallon. Previous to this change, spirits were available in full gallon bottles, or 3.79 liters. So...anything that you see for sale anywhere that is over 1.75 liters is unavailable for purchase in the U S, and therefore would have a definate "novelty" factor in anyone's home bar.

we bought the big bottle of Johnny Walker for my hubby's boss. It was such a conversation piece that big bottle on a stand. He drank it though. I hope he kept the bottle. It would make a great bank for loose change.

• 1 month later...
You have one?Really? The 750ml hand blown bottle with the presentation case? Or do you have the diamond edition?

Steve

Soooo, i couldn't help but notice that you're going on one of these cruises shortly.. I saw that bottle on the ship and wanted it dearly.. But i was with my company, and was not able to pick it up.. Is there any chance you'd be willing to pick one up for me and ship it? :) I know thats a really random question, but i cant find it anywhere and i figured it was worth a shot! :)

I think its more of a novelty then a practicality. Its neat and a lot of people ask me where I got it when they see it displayed. we wont open it...its all for show, just like my bottle of patron platinum and crystal bottle of Louis XIII :D

Patron platinum is not to drink? It absolutely is.....straight and with good friends. It is a favorite of mine. Don't know about the Louis XIII have never bought that. Enjoy the Patron it doesn't age so is great when purchased. Have gone through many a bottle. Share with friends.

I'm having flashbacks of our coffee flavored tequila that we tried to "wrap carefully" to stow in our suitcase for the trip home. And ended up with a suitcase full of coffee flavored tequila soaked clothing and shards of glass. :eek: And that was the small bottle. Hoping you're driving, LOL. Reminds me of all those people who buy those gigantic sombreros in Mexico and don't think of how they're going to get it home...if I had a buck for every sheepish looking, 10 gallon sombrero wearing guy on my flights out of Miami, LOL.