Giant Crown Royal

MrsZee

Nice to see there are fans of Canadian whiskey here on CC. :)

I wasn't aware the three litre booze bottles aren't available in the USA. Our liquor stores here in Canada sell them. At my local government-run liquor store a 3-litre bottle of Crown Royal sells for $108.50 USD (taxes included) at today's conversion rate.

The big bottles here, although available, are still a bit of a novelty. Besides Crown Royal, we can get Canadian Club, Johney Walker, Bacardi & Captain Morgan rum, and some vodkas in the big bottles. The rum ones seem to be popular gifts for when someone turns 19 here as that's our legal drinking age. (in Québec, Manitoba, and Alberta the legal age is 18. All other Canadian Provinces it is 19). I have on occasion seen even bigger bottles of rum on display.

Edited by RossTheBoss

Soooo, i couldn't help but notice that you're going on one of these cruises shortly.. I saw that bottle on the ship and wanted it dearly.. But i was with my company, and was not able to pick it up.. Is there any chance you'd be willing to pick one up for me and ship it? :) I know thats a really random question, but i cant find it anywhere and i figured it was worth a shot! :)

Since I drive to the port,I bring back back my entire customs allowence and I go over by one bottle.(you mean my 20 year old daughter can't keep the bottle SHE bought in port where its 18? oh I am sorry:D).

So I don't have any allowance left.Sorry.

Steve

When the U S government mandated that distilled spirits sold in ths U S had to be sold in metric weight units in 1979, it also became illegal to sell any distilled spirit in any size larger that 1.75 liters, or .46 of a gallon. Previous to this change, spirits were available in full gallon bottles, or 3.79 liters. So...anything that you see for sale anywhere that is over 1.75 liters is unavailable for purchase in the U S, and therefore would have a definate "novelty" factor in anyone's home bar.

Anybody know why the US government limits the size of the bottle?

While it is a better deal to buy the four 1liter bottles....It's even better to hear "D**n that's the biggest bottle of Crown I have ever seen." Well at least for those of us held down by government to 1.75's.;)

• 7 years later...
From our last cruise, I remember seeing a GIANT Crown Royal bottle in the liquor shop on board. It was the biggest I have ever seen and it came with some sort of gift, but I don't remember what it was. Can anyone tell me the estimated price for it? I am thinking of getting it for my husband when we go in May but I would like to be prepared money wise.

I just paid $73.00 on carnival