Just back from Destiny on Sat. Any ???'s

Judge Smails

Also just back from the Destiny on Saturday. Was a wonderful cruise ... our second time on this ship, the first being within a year of her first sailing. Don't listen to the haters blogging about this ship. We found everything to be excellent. I'll also be happy to answer any questions. One thing I have to point out -- for anyone who has not been to Half Moon Cay, you really need to consider this a priority stop for your next cruise! I always thought Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and Meaghan's Bay in St. Thomas were the most beautiful beaches I had visited until I visited Half Moon Cay last week. Simply breathtaking.

Also just back from the Destiny on Saturday. Was a wonderful cruise ... our second time on this ship, the first being within a year of her first sailing. Don't listen to the haters blogging about this ship. We found everything to be excellent. I'll also be happy to answer any questions. One thing I have to point out -- for anyone who has not been to Half Moon Cay, you really need to consider this a priority stop for your next cruise! I always thought Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and Meaghan's Bay in St. Thomas were the most beautiful beaches I had visited until I visited Half Moon Cay last week. Simply breathtaking.

I was on the same cruise, and I have seen different beaches in the Carribbean, theyre pretty much the same to me, but HMC is really breathtaking and I like the childrens play area, and the trampolines in the water.

What cabin type did you have?

Did you see any shows, if so how were they?

Did you try any time dining? We are trying it for the first time in Nov.

Is the ship similar to Conquest class ships, as far as layout, and features?

Thanks!

What else is offered to eat on the Lido deck besides main buffet? For example, is there a deli or mexican, like on the Valor? Thanks!

There is the New York Deli, which serves grilled sandwiches and wraps with coleslaw and pickles and an asian place as well. There is also a grill where you can get hamburgers and hot dogs, grilled chicken breasts, chicken fingers and fries and of course, the 24-hour pizzeria.

Embarkation was fairly smooth, although it seemed as if we were required to repeatedly show our passports unneccessarily at various stops. We did use the kiosk, almost everyone is directed to them. Yet, once you are done w/ it, you still need to get in another line (w/ your entire party) to get your S&S cards.

Didn't check out the shows. Cheers wine/martini bar was nice. The bartender there, Anne, is terrific.

Thanks!

We were in a balcony cabin on the Empress Deck, Cabin 7241. It was the most perfect location for a cabin I've ever had! Right across from the laundry room, right outside a bank of elevators. 2 floors up or down from everything. It was perfect. No excessive noise from being located by the laundry or elevators either.

We did not see any shows ... but I'm not a show type of gal. I believe I've seen one show in the 7 cruises I've been on.

Yes, we did anytime dining and were very pleased with how convenient it was. The upper section of the Galaxy Dining Room is reserved for anytime diners. You go in the dining room any time between 5:45-9:30, check in with the hostess, they ask for your cabin number and whether you prefer a booth or a table and then seat you. The last 3 nights of our cruise, we requested the same waiter/area as we were especially pleased with their service and we were always accommodated. We only had to wait one time and that was on the last night and then it was only for about 10 minutes. They gave us a pager. By the time we had gone to the bar and ordered a drink and sat down, the pager went off.

I have not sailed on any of the Conquest class ships, so I'm unable to compare it for you. This is my second cruise on the Destiny -- it's a great ship! There's a bar/lounge for everyone's taste, lots of room for everyone except trying to get and keep a lounge chair on deck.

Thanks!

Balcony cabin on Spa Deck (1014).

Didn't go to the shows, and had early seating dining.

Can't speak to it vis-a-vis Conquest class ships.

Archived