underwater pictures

cruisehappy08

Thought it might be fun to have a thread to post your favorite underwater pictures!

I am "water-proof camera" obessed right now:D...looking to buy one for upcoming cruise! Any feedback or suggestions would be great!

OK I'll make a start - taken at Koki Beach St Thomas USVI using an Olympus mju Tough

web.jpg?ver=12685791870001

I don't have any shots to share (yet) but I have been researching waterproof cameras and will soon be picking up the Fuji Finepix XP10. It just came out last month and replaces the W33 which some other people have mentioned in other threads. Runs $199 - pretty good deal IMHO.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/xp/finepix_xp10/

They had one set up in Target and I played around with it - seems to work real well, controls are easy, small so it fits in your pocket, takes 720p video... seems perfect for a snorkeling or beach excursion.

I don't have any shots to share (yet) but I have been researching waterproof cameras and will soon be picking up the Fuji Finepix XP10. It just came out last month and replaces the W33 which some other people have mentioned in other threads. Runs $199 - pretty good deal IMHO.

They had one set up in Target and I played around with it - seems to work real well, controls are easy, small so it fits in your pocket, takes 720p video... seems perfect for a snorkeling or beach excursion.

Looks a good underwater camera mine was the mju850 which my son sadly destroyed in the red Sea (he forgot to wash it in fresh water after a dive) so I am looking to replace this year. I tend toward the new Olympus mju Tough 8000 which retails at £250 (approx $380) so the Fuji looks a good deal

i912EDB4F-3A48-4E40-B85A-07E267C4D2F1.jpg

Taken in Roatan, this was in a lagoon accessed directly from the beach

i4CD4C290-742B-49F4-BCFE-9DF9BD3D9FE6.jpg

Taken in Grand Cayman and the angle of this photo makes me giggle.

i82CAED9F-760E-4F55-94C4-426CC0AA5B5C.jpg

Taken at Stingray City - Grand Cayman

i2C04B06A-DC77-4813-B633-83798DF50B03.jpg

He cut me off in Hanauma Bay, Oahu, HI (no zoom was used at all!)

i7803482F-07FE-49A5-B6F2-8E23242D6758.jpg

Cozumel - Chakaanab Park

i87C1A28F-FFD1-4F9E-A843-B8086DAA1206.jpg

Baby Sea Turtle - Grand Cayman - Eden Rock

i912EDB4F-3A48-4E40-B85A-07E267C4D2F1.jpg

Taken in Roatan, this was in a lagoon accessed directly from the beach

i4CD4C290-742B-49F4-BCFE-9DF9BD3D9FE6.jpg

Taken in Grand Cayman and the angle of this photo makes me giggle.

i82CAED9F-760E-4F55-94C4-426CC0AA5B5C.jpg

Taken at Stingray City - Grand Cayman

i2C04B06A-DC77-4813-B633-83798DF50B03.jpg

He cut me off in Hanauma Bay, Oahu, HI (no zoom was used at all!)

i7803482F-07FE-49A5-B6F2-8E23242D6758.jpg

Cozumel - Chakaanab Park

i87C1A28F-FFD1-4F9E-A843-B8086DAA1206.jpg

Baby Sea Turtle - Grand Cayman - Eden Rock

Great pictures! What camera were you using?

Great pictures! What camera were you using?

Yes...I would also like to know your camera. The brightness of the Roatan pic is amazing. We are looking at getting an underwater for snorkeling and had decided it would probably be the Olympus, but having other options to look at and hear from actual users would be nice.

You mentioned that you bought this at Target. I was checking my local Target and was told that they do not carry water proof cameras...just wondrerd if you got this recently (in the past month)...And is there any other retailor that might carry it that you know of?

Archived