Turtle in Cozumel

PICT0296.jpg

Grand Turk Grouper

GrandTurkGrouper1.jpg

Nurse Shark in Cozumel

canadagalshark-1.jpg

Roatan Reef

PICT0495.jpg

Absolutely beautiful photos! What kind of camera do you use? Now I KNOW I must learn how to scuba!! I'm sure you didn't take those while snorkeling :rolleyes:

You mentioned that you bought this at Target. I was checking my local Target and was told that they do not carry water proof cameras...just wondrerd if you got this recently (in the past month)...And is there any other retailor that might carry it that you know of?

I work at a Target I know for sure we sell Waterproof Cameras. Im not sure if we have an Olympus but we do have the Fuji. We had the W33 and I bought one back in January. We have the new one (forgot the model number) Iv played with it while over there. I would try again. Ours is right on the counter, its green. :)

You mentioned that you bought this at Target. I was checking my local Target and was told that they do not carry water proof cameras...just wondrerd if you got this recently (in the past month)...And is there any other retailor that might carry it that you know of?

I haven't bought it yet but I did see it there. It comes in grey, silver and bright green - my local Target had the green one. It was set up on the display shelf/case along with all the other cameras (you know, where they're all set up in a row in the photo dept but bolted or chained down to the counter). For the most part it looks like any other camera, and if you didn't know it was waterproof it wouldn't really be obvious. I'm in Central Florida if that makes any difference.

However, it looks like Amazon will carry them eventually (none in stock yet) and checking the Best Buy website it seems they now have them. They're in stock at Target.com as well.

I second the idea of everyone mentioning what camera they're using.

My husband and I will be taking a Western Caribbean cruise on the Conquest in August and I've decided to buy a waterproof camera that can work just as well above water as below, as opposed to the disposable waterproof cameras. We've been looking at the Canon Powershot D10 but we're at the beginning of our search so the camera information from the pics here would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like a reef shark to me. Most nurse sharks I've seen have a fuller tail. Like this

You're right, it's a white tip reef shark, and dangerous too. Yay for Discovery Channel! (Or Animal Planet?!) That's where I've seen them before. :D

I second the idea of everyone mentioning what camera they're using.

My husband and I will be taking a Western Caribbean cruise on the Conquest in August and I've decided to buy a waterproof camera that can work just as well above water as below, as opposed to the disposable waterproof cameras. We've been looking at the Canon Powershot D10 but we're at the beginning of our search so the camera information from the pics here would be greatly appreciated.

awesome pictures so far!! we are looking at the Canon D10 too...but like you, we just started looking too:)

Amazon is your friend. :D

I'm in the market for a waterproof camera and we'll more than likely be buying online from Amazon. They have a huge selection, no Texas state sales tax (for us anyway) and the free shipping on orders over $25 doesn't hurt either. Not to mention they're usually cheaper than say Target or Wal-Mart on the same exact item.

Thought it might be fun to have a thread to post your favorite underwater pictures!

I am "water-proof camera" obessed right now:D...looking to buy one for upcoming cruise! Any feedback or suggestions would be great!

I bought a Canon D10 waterproof camera. We just got off the Valor on Sunday and the camera worked great. The underwater pictures are terrific and the on land pics are also great. I got great comments on my pictures. When I figure out how to put one on this site, I will. My husband put them on face book, so it must be quite easy.

Tess

any questions - tessjack88@hotmail.com

These shots are great. I have a Canon d10. I haven't had a chance to use it underwater, but my land shots have come out awesome and the reviews on it were really good. I ordered it from Abe's of Maine, and there were no taxes or shipping. It costs about the same as the Olympus. It's a little bit bulkier, but I was still able to put it in my back pocket when I took it to the zoo a few weeks ago. Definitley worth looking into...Celeste

I have an Olympus Tough 8000 underwater plus shock/crush/freeze proof camera. I love it! It is a 12MP, but they just came out with Tough 8010--14 MG.

There is a 10MP Tough 6000 that has the same features as the 8000. There is also a Tough 3000 that is waterproof to 10ft.

Check out the Olympus site and see what is there..

Word of warning--you never know if/when your camera is the "one in 1000" cameras that is a lemon, so put it though its paces and check the video feature and take in the water for an hour of fun to check it's seaworthiness. I was not fortunate, I got the 1 in 1000 that had defective/not so waterproof seals. The video sound was the pits and the first time it went in the water (after around 8 or 9 months--long story but the April or September cruise I didn't do water tours that I could put it to the test) I discoverd that it wasn't so waterproof..heh, I clearly used the warranty for that one....

I had/still have a Stylus 770SW--the first shock/water/freeze/crush proof camera Olympus put out and that camera has taken a beating and has seen more water action and not a single problem at all!!!!

These shots are great. I have a Canon d10. I haven't had a chance to use it underwater, but my land shots have come out awesome and the reviews on it were really good. I ordered it from Abe's of Maine, and there were no taxes or shipping. It costs about the same as the Olympus. It's a little bit bulkier, but I was still able to put it in my back pocket when I took it to the zoo a few weeks ago. Definitley worth looking into...Celeste

Thanks for reminding me about Abe's of Maine. I've purchased a ton of photography equipment from Abe's in the past and completely forgot about them when it came to the waterproof camera. Another great place to comparison shop and/or buy.

Taken in Hawaii on a shark dive with my kodak easyshare 10MP, in a DicaPAK underwater case

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

I actually like the Kodak in the waterproof case than the actual underwater Fuji that I have... its much easier to use!

Archived