underwater pictures

cruisehappy08

Here is one of my favorites shot with my cheap underwater digital, it always reminds me of how amazed I was to be swimming with fish for the first time in St. Thomas:

4938_1156199540581_1095480066_19014.jpg

Here is a shot that our tour guide took of my mom and I snuba-diving in St. Thomas (highly recommended!), with her much nicer camera:

6333_1169749279316_1095480066_19522.jpg

And here is a video I took at the end of the snuba-diving with my digital camera:

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/pointybubble/?action=view&current=PICT0415.flv

My camera is the Intova located on amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z8EMS8/ref=oss_product

It was less than $50 shipped when I bought it last summer and I was happy with it for the price :)

I use an Olympus 770 SW which is one of their older models. I decided to never get another camera unless it had all of the features that make this camera great:

1. Small and light enough to bring EVERYWHERE with me in my front pocket.

2. Good quality photos.

3. Waterproof

4. Shockproof (I can't tell you how many times I've dropped or sat on my camera) but no worries!

5. Freezeproof (nice to be able to drag it with you skiing or snowboarding)

6. Timer (for those times when you want to join in the photo)

7. Video AND microphone (I don't take too many videos but sometimes I like to capture it on the fly and love the option). Here is a sample video from the last time I snorkeled in Cozumel. It was a bit overcast that day and the water off Chakaanab isn't the clearest but it was still decent.

I use a canon A550 with an underwater housing. It's a small, very simple, point and shoot camera. I got both the housing and the camera new for less than $300 shipped on amazon a couple years ago. It took all the following pictures right out of the box. These are some of my favorite.

spottedtrunkfish.jpg

stoplightparrotfish3.jpg

vasesponge2.jpg

bass3.jpg

divingparadise13.jpg

bluesponge.jpg

For the disposable cameras: when u have the pictures developed, can you then have them burned to a cd so you can upload them to your computer? (Haven't used one before.) :o

Yep. I bought two of them (one for me one for the DH) and had both of them processed on CD. If I remember, its fairly inexpensive.

Cozumel Splendid Toadfish

PICT0242.jpg

Turtle in Cozumel

PICT0296.jpg

Grand Turk Grouper

GrandTurkGrouper1.jpg

Nurse Shark in Cozumel

canadagalshark-1.jpg

Roatan Reef

PICT0495.jpg

Hey there. I hope I didn't miss your post about what kind of camera you are using. If I did, please excuse and tell me again?? Beautiful pictures!!!!

Hey there. I hope I didn't miss your post about what kind of camera you are using. If I did, please excuse and tell me again?? Beautiful pictures!!!!

Thanks for asking what kind of camera I have

My camera is a Sealife Reefmaster Mini (SL-320) with an external flash (SL-960). It is a 6 MP digital camera. Unfortunately, Sealife no longer sells this camera but you can still get them on ebay.

Sealife makes other models of underwater camera.

305.jpg

These cameras are extremely versatile. This is Nachi, only 4 frames after the underwater shot...

I loved Nachi! Loved it so much I buried my wedding ring under the water in the sand for safe keeping. :-) Well, maybe not on purpose anyhow.

Thought it might be fun to have a thread to post your favorite underwater pictures!

I am "water-proof camera" obessed right now:D...looking to buy one for upcoming cruise! Any feedback or suggestions would be great!

Barracuda during Sea Trek Helmet dive in Cozumel

baracuda.jpg

Archived