Belize-Major/Minor Tom Cave Tubing/Zipling

debster818

We booked direct through Jaguar Paw, which has a resort right in the area where they do the ziplining/tubing. Apparently by booking direct with them, we avoided a half hour walk into the park. 4 of us did the zipling which was fun, but I went and sat by the pool while the other 3 did the tubing, they had fun, said it was just a short 10 minute walk up to the entrance point and there was no one there for most of the trip until they got to a merge and they hit the crowds from the ship.

Has anyone been recently on this tour? We are booked for April 22nd and we have been hearing some disturbing stories about "other" similar tours and we are having second thoughts. Please reassusre us.

Can you please expand on what you've been hearing? I don't have the answers but I'm interested in hearing them.

I did cave tubing with Major Tom and was very impressed by there service. They had smaller groups in the river then other companies, their guides were extremely helpful, and I would highly recommend their service.

Mark

Thanks for that Mark. We have just heard stories about rushing, not getting to zipline because of lack of time, skiipping the lunch we paid for, and barely making it back to the ship. I have heard these stores about several of the tours not just any one in particular.

Thanks for that Mark. We have just heard stories about rushing, not getting to zipline because of lack of time, skiipping the lunch we paid for, and barely making it back to the ship. I have heard these stores about several of the tours not just any one in particular.

When the cruise lines stopped offering cave-tubing as a ship excursion....there was a "rush" of cruisers to independent operators.

That did cause some issues....but it is my understanding that the cruise ships are offering this again as a ship excursion. If that is the case, this "crowding" should not happen.

Cave-tubing.com (Yhony) and Major Tom have been doing this for years and in the 4 or so years that I am going there (and reading the boards) .... I have not read about either missing the ship.

However, please be aware that this can happen.... when hubby and oldest son tubed with Yhony....I had them carry their passport cards (not the paper passports....I would use a photocopy if you don't have the card) in a water resistant (I don't think any of them are waterproof enough for me) carrier around their neck. They also had cash and a credit card....just in case they missed the ship.

They left the port at 9:15am and returned at 2:30pm and I believe our ship sailed at 4pm....so they were fine.

We went with Major Tom in September. Consider yourself reassured!!!! This was the best day of my life!!!!!!!

Having said that.........

We made it back to the ship, but just barely. If I had it to do again I would probably do just the caves and not the zipline so we could be more relaxed, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ziplines too.

I believe MT has a statement on his site that says that he has a private tender that will get you to your ship if you miss yours. It was one of the reasons that i chose him, that and his safety record.

Archived