Dream Apr 3rd Review

mwebb

Hi,

Sounds like you had a great time.

Can u please tell me more about the Amazing Cozumel Race? DH and I are big fans of the show and would love to try it out. Do they give you clues and then you have to take the taxi across town? Do they provide you money for the cab rides and such? How much of it is physical? DH has bad knees and can't really run for long distances.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you for taking time to post your Reviews on the Dream. None of you seemed to be bothered by the famous "sewage" smell-lol. Can't wait until Sept and it's my turn.:D

My family definitely noticed the sewage smell in a couple of locations on the deck. One that comes to mind is the steps on the way up to the water slides - definite sewage smell as you approach the top platform. Also noticed it on some of the open areas of the Lido - just can't remember exactly where right now.

Booked on Carnival site several months prior since we really wanted to do this excursion and did not want to risk it being sold out. It was $79.95 per person. Other then your lunch if you choose there is no additional expense involved.

Ship in port 10-5. Excursion listed as 1030-230.but the race itself is only about 2 hours. Participants met at the end of the pier and given a packet containing a map listing landmarks and a cell phone. We were then transported in taxi vans by the Race facilitators to the downtown area. Once downtown we were given further instructions and our first clue. Each clue leads to the next. During our race there were 5 teams composed of a total of 23 participants with ages ranging from 13-to maybe 60 with varying level of athleticism or lack thereof. At least one member of your team must be willing to snorkle under water for a few minutes to find a particular clue.

The race requires a nice balance of thinking skills and good natured competitiveness. We ran or walked briskly during the race and came in 2nd (only 1 minute behind the 1st place team). At the finish location we were given 2 free drink coupons but most people also got something to eat at their own expense. Wear gym shoes and take some bottled water with you, We used a drawstring nylon backpack to hold our water bottles. I canot say enough good things about this excursion. It was so much fun even though you are only competing for a medal and bragging rights.

Archived