Any Nativeways reviews ?

phyzz

We actually got to hold a stingray. It was brief but still. You can stand up in the water. We had high waves the night before we arrived in Grand Cayman so the waves were a little hard to deal with but not impossible. I highly recommend Nativeway. We were out there with several other groups and our guides def. seemed to be the most interactvie and answered any question we had. They even went and hunted down a male for us. They are rarely near the sand bar.

Here is the menu we were offered for the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point Tour. We ordered on the boat and they called it in. When we arrived there was a table reserved for us and everything was waiting on a couple of trays. The food was good and they provided us with ice tea to drink.

We really enjoyed Rum Point - it is very picturesque!

We were able to hold the sting rays. The guys from the boat helped and took pictures for us. My husband and I both held one, but none of our children had any interest in it.

Rum Point Wreck Bar & Grill

Spicy Red Conch Chowder

Seasonal Fruit Cup topped with yogurt

Conch Fritters with Scotch Bonnet tartar sauce

Tortilla Chips with sour cream & salsa

Caesar Salad with chicken breast or fish

Rum Point Salad ham, turkey, swiss, crispy bacon & ranch dressing

Spicy Mahi-Mahi Caesar Wrap

Rum Point Chicken Wings sweet chili garlic or buffalo style

Chicken Club Sandwich

Blackened Mahi-Mahi Sandwich with mango mayonnaise

Cheeseburger or Jerk CheeseBurger w/lettuce, tomato, onion

Veggie Burger with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato & onion

Jumbo Hotdog add jalapenos cheddar & onion

Jerk Pork Sandwich with Rum Point jerk mayo

Original Fish & Chips with Rum Point tartar sauce

Crispy Chicken Tenders with BBQ or honey mustard sauce

Grilled Chicken Sandwich provolone cheese, pesto, tomato, lettuce, & onion on Boboli bread with a side of lemon aioli

Today’s Catch with rice & beans and corn on the cob

Traditional Style Jerk Pork w/ rice & beans & corn on cob

All Served With Your Choice of Fries or House Salad

Here is the menu we were offered for the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point Tour. We ordered on the boat and they called it in. When we arrived there was a table reserved for us and everything was waiting on a couple of trays. The food was good and they provided us with ice tea to drink.

We really enjoyed Rum Point - it is very picturesque!

We were able to hold the sting rays. The guys from the boat helped and took pictures for us. My husband and I both held one, but none of our children had any interest in it.

Rum Point Wreck Bar & Grill

Spicy Red Conch Chowder

Seasonal Fruit Cup topped with yogurt

Conch Fritterswith Scotch Bonnet tartar sauce

Tortilla Chipswith sour cream & salsa

Caesar Saladwith chicken breast or fish

Rum PointSalad ham, turkey, swiss, crispy bacon & ranch dressing

Spicy Mahi-Mahi Caesar Wrap

Rum Point ChickenWingssweet chili garlic or buffalo style

Chicken Club Sandwich

Blackened Mahi-Mahi Sandwichwith mango mayonnaise

Cheeseburger or Jerk CheeseBurgerw/lettuce, tomato, onion

Veggie Burger with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato & onion

Jumbo Hotdog add jalapenos cheddar & onion

Jerk Pork Sandwich with Rum Point jerk mayo

Original Fish & Chips with Rum Point tartar sauce

Crispy Chicken Tenders with BBQ or honey mustard sauce

Grilled Chicken Sandwich provolone cheese, pesto, tomato, lettuce, & onion on Boboli bread with a side of lemon aioli

Today’s Catch with rice & beans and corn on the cob

Traditional Style Jerk Pork w/ rice & beans & corn on cob

All Served With Your Choice of Fries or House Salad

Do you recall if each person could order more than one item from the menu? Just wondering since the first 4 items seem to be more like appetizers rather than a lunch choice. Thanks.:)

• 11 months later...

We just got back from a 7 day Western Carribean cruise on the Carnival Legend. Our group did 3 outside excursions outside of Carnival. Nativeway Sports in Grand Cayman was excellent. We were their only tour that day, so we had the guides and boat all to ourselves. Stingray City was awesome. The guides were fantastic. Eldon, our boat captain was great as well as JC. JC was very personable, funny and really made sure we had a great time. After we swam with the stingrays, we snorkeled, then went to Rum Point Beach and had a delicious lunch and relaxed at the beach for a while. The price we paid for such an awesome day was the icing on the cake. $62.50 per person. They got us back to our ship on time. I highly recommed if you do Stingray City, do it through Nativeway Sports. The Carnival boat that came out, the people were shoulder to shoulder, and didn't look comfortable at all. Thanks Nativeway Sports for an awesome time. We hope to be back again. Kitty & Al

Has anyone done the "Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel" tour with NativeWays? Did you like it? Are the 3 places close to each other? Did you have time to stop at 7 mile beach on the way back?

Thanks!

We are probably going to book with them and I was wondering if they supply snorkel gear or do you have to bring your own?

They provide snorkel equipment. If you have any very small children with you I would let them know to make sure they bring the size you need. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What was the ladder like to get in/out of the water? My grandmother is interested in taking a tour but I want to make sure it will be easy for her. Was there shade to sit under on the boat?

Thanks.

Did the Rays, Reef and Rumpoint tour with Nativeways - and LOVED it - especially rumpoint beach - I was really not interested in a crowded beach experience (7 mile beach) so this fit the bill.

The ladder in and out is doable - depends on how 'agile' your grandmother is? And the boat we were on had 2 levels - both have some 'coverage' from the sun.

For more information and great pics check out the Valor review in link below near my signature!

and for those interested:

Yes - there is a bar:

2814268480059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

And here's the food (blackened mahi mahi sandwich and chicken sandwich)

2388018350059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2381652020059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Beautiful and uncrowded!

2625356560059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

...and one of the 'natives' on the rocks

2841030230059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Rays, Reef, Rum Point is one of the best tours we have taken on our 6 cruises....Rum Point is great and the pesto chicken sandwich was a great treat. We had a total of 8 people on our excursion including us and were able to beat the hords of people from the ship excursion to the Rays. We were the only excusion at Rum Point...picture below...paradise! Water almost as warm as bath water.

171418873_DrY4G-L.jpg

Rays, Reef, Rum Point is one of the best tours we have taken on our 6 cruises....Rum Point is great and the pesto chicken sandwich was a great treat. We had a total of 8 people on our excursion including us and were able to beat the hords of people from the ship excursion to the Rays. We were the only excusion at Rum Point...picture below...paradise! Water almost as warm as bath water.

171418873_DrY4G-L.jpg

Wow - I LOVE your dock pic - very cool - this one is my favorite (use it as a screensaver at work:)

2543269210059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

What was the ladder like to get in/out of the water? My grandmother is interested in taking a tour but I want to make sure it will be easy for her. Was there shade to sit under on the boat?

Thanks.

We took our grandparents on this Tour last November and Nativeway were brilliant. The GPS were nervous about the stingrays but Capt steve helped them both in the water with the ladder..we were from waist to chest deep and it will always be the most perfect day burnt into my memory! I cannot recommend this company enough and yes there was shade on the boat and at Rum Point!!

We booked Native Way in November 2009 and our ship was late docking. We were nearly the first off and by the time we came off they had left. Another operator eventually kindly gave us their phone to speak to Sharon as we and another four or so people from the ship were stuck. There was no real interest or attempt to help and we ended up picking up a tour on the dock.

Would not recommend them as I had specifically planned the excursion with my elderly mother in mind and suddenly had to make alternative plans in a rush. On a plus note, there were some lovely and helpful other operators who went out of their way to help.

Has anyone done the "Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel" tour with NativeWays? Did you like it? Are the 3 places close to each other? Did you have time to stop at 7 mile beach on the way back?

Thanks!

We did the Stingray, Coral Gardens and Starfish snorkel and I would not use Nativeways again. We specifically chose that tour because it was shorter and would allow us time to wander around the port area and eat at Margaritaville. Well, no such luck. They had a group of three that had booked the Rumpoint excursion and so they put them on our boat which meant we had to go out to Rumpoint to drop them off. Since there were only three going to Rumpoint I guess it would be much cheaper for Nativeways to run one boat instead of two. By the time we got back to the port area, we had one hour before we had to be back on the ship. I was extremely disappointed and would not recommend them. It seems as though they are great if you get what you actually planned for, but if it is beneficial for them to change their/your plans, they do so without taking into consideration the detrimental effects it could have on their guests (we no longer had time to do what we planned to do in the city and other people on our tour had planned to get dropped off at 7-mile beach but they decided not to as they didn't have enough time to enjoy it either).

I will say that the guides and captain of the boat were very good - I just didn't appreciate having the rest of our plans go astray in order for Nativeways to save a few dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Carnival Valor and booked with Native Way for Rays, reefs and rum point. WOW! These guys were GREAT! Everton and JC were our guides and were OUTSTANDING! We were the only ship in GC that day and it was just our family (me, DH and three boys--14, 15 and 16) and two other lovely ladies from New Jersey. They were so accommodating and went out of their way to make the day great. It was the highlight of our shore excursions. Highly recommend this tour!

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this on another thread:

My family just got back from our cruise and we all agreed that our excursion with NativeWay MADE the trip! We had 11 people, so we opted for the private charter. Our guides, Thomas and Andrew, were AMAZING. Our group's ages ranged from 14-75, and every single one of us had a great time.

We first went and fed the stingrays. There was another group of about 50 people on the other side of the sandbar- they did not look to be having as much fun as we were. Andrew showed each of us how to kiss a stingray - which will give you 17 years of good luck according to the locals. They let us each feed several stingrays, and waited until we were all ready to go before setting off for snorkeling.

While snorkeling, our guides caught a lobster and let us get up close and personal with it. They dove for starfish so we could hold them – they found 4 total for us. My brothers (14 and 20) had a blast jumping/diving/ doing flips from the upper level of the boat while the rest of us were snorkeling.

After snorkeling we went to Rum Point where lunch was waiting for us. I think out of all of us, we tried everything that was available, and everyone enjoyed their food.

We had about an hour and a half to relax on the beach of Rum Point, and then we headed back to the shore. My youngest brother wanted to jump off the boat again, so our guides stopped halfway back and let us all take turns jumping from the upper level of the boat. They even took pictures of all 6 cousins jumping off the boat at the same time.

Once back to shore, they drove us back to port, and we still had time for some shopping before heading back to the boat.

I would HIGHLY recommend NativeWay – ask for Andrew and Thomas. They were hilarious and made sure we all had a great time!!!

Archived