Carnival Freedom??

october37

Has anyone sailed on this ship recently? We are considering the 6 day cruise (his first, my 4th) Some of the reviews of this ship are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Some really seem to love it; others really hate it.

So what did you like and what would change?

Any recommendations to someone in choosing this ship?

Thanks all!

I was on it back in october and i Loved it. and i know since then it was in drydock so theyve done a lot of work to it. but the staff was great and the shows were good too.

I dont think i wld change very much. it was a great time. THe food was So-so, which was kinda sad, but there were some delicious dishes, including the mongolian grill line.

I did the 6 day on the Freedom over New Year's and loved the ship and the ports. The only thing I would want to work on is the buffet breakfast. A lot of items could have been hotter and the bacon police need to go. Book this cruise and you'll have a blast.:)

We were on this cruise back in November before the Freedom was in drydock.

We had a blast. The ship is beautiful, the crew were excellent. I don't have anything negative to say about the cruise!

We were on the Freedom for the 8 day Eastern Caribbean leaving Jan. 30 of this year and loved it! As most of Carnival's ships decor goes, it was very "large" but I didn't find it to be unbearable. The ship is in good condition, we got great service and really enjoyed the cruise. It was our first time in a suite and we loved it, in fact we booked the same room for our 8 day Western next February! You should like the ship and the cruise, just relax and enjoy.

Has anyone sailed on this ship recently? We are considering the 6 day cruise (his first, my 4th) Some of the reviews of this ship are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Some really seem to love it; others really hate it.

Thanks all!

i sure hope you get a lot of positive posts.............i am going on this cruise b2b in october and i am sure it will be great as all of my pasts cruises have been.......looking forward to all the positive reviews

cheryl

We just got off the 6 day Freedom on Saturday. We had a fabulous week! The decor of the ship was a little odd, but that hardly affected the great time that we had. I agree that the lines in the buffet area were really long, especially at breakfast, but we just worked around it. When we wanted to be off the ship early on port days, we'd just order room service. The food in the MDR was great, and our dinner at Sun King one night was amazing. Everyone that worked on the ship was very friendly. I'm sure you'll have a great trip!

We just got off the ship 4/4/10. We had a great time. We did the 8 day eastern and are considering doing the same one next February. Ship was clean. Food in MDR was very good, no complaints at all. The service was very good. Layout of the ship is a bit unusual but got used to it. Entertainment was pretty good. The only negative I have to say is the buffet lines were pretty crazy long at times, but we worked around it. I wished there was a few more activities on the lido deck. However, we had a great time and I"d do it all over again in a minute. You'll have a great time.

We did her twice. Last year we did her and year before we did her on another 8 day cruise. We did the Exotic Western to the Panama and the Eastern. She is our favorite ship. Crew was great. Supper club was really good. MDR was very good. I have Celiac and have to have everything Gluten free. They were really good.

Not like last month on the Dream. They messed up my meals 3 times. Once I got really sick . They have too many people for it seems like the same amount of staff. We waited forever in the MDR. We sat in the back. We waited 1 1/2 hours one nite for ice tea. My husband was not impressed with that ship at all. Between the service and the smell, I would not go on her again. We always do the ones we like twice. We have done a lot of them. Glory and Freedom we did each one twice. The rest only once. YOu will love the freedom. Have fun.

We did an 8-day Eastern Carib, Mar 27 to 4 Apr 10

We had a great time but the ship leaves a lot to be desired. The Lido is the poorest design I've ever seen. They closed lines down while you were standing in line. You got eggs at one line then had to wait in another line to get toast and meat, till you were done waiting, everything was cold! Decks 4 and 5 were so chopped up you couldn't go from one end of the ship to the other without changing floors once or twice. It is the noisiest ship I've been on so far in 13 cruises apparently it was where we were located (OS 7272). The partitions between the decks rattled something terrible.

WE HAD A GREAT CRUISE because of the itinerary not because of the ship but even the annoyances noted above it didn't diminish the good time we had meeting people and relaxing onboard.

We did an 8-day Eastern Carib, Mar 27 to 4 Apr 10

Decks 4 and 5 were so chopped up you couldn't go from one end of the ship to the other without changing floors once or twice. .

I have sailed on the Conquest and the Valor (both Conquest Class) and the Triumph (I think the design before Conquest Class) and they all have the Decks 4 and 5 chopped up - if I remember correctly from the ship "tour" it is due to the galley being between the two dining rooms and the dining rooms being 2 story. It gets some getting used to, but by the time the week is over I find that I don't have a problem getting from one place to another. I just figured its part of the "cruise experience". Since we are on the Riveria Deck (1) this time I am thinking we will not have an issue - just have to remember which end of the ship the Theater is vs the Dining Room (not even sure what one we have this time yet)...

Happy Sailing to those who are going in a few weeks - - we are 9 days till FLL and 10 days till sailaway!!!

has anyone sailed on this ship recently? We are considering the 6 day cruise (his first, my 4th) some of the reviews of this ship are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Some really seem to love it; others really hate it.

Thanks all!

not to worry--we sailed the fredom several times--beginning on the med. And now we are booked for dec--2010--beautiful ship--service great-meals and entertainment too---all cabins are a good size. So--happy sailing.110 ton--so she is good size--

i sure hope you get a lot of positive posts.............i am going on this cruise b2b in october and i am sure it will be great as all of my pasts cruises have been.......looking forward to all the positive reviews

cheryl

Did not like the Freedom, food or service. Except for cabin stewards. The Freedom is a lovely ship, :p enough said.

Luv's Crusin'

Archived