Any cabin you would not pick?

manderson110

Sorry for asking for something that's been posted time and time again, but I can't find the website link for individual room reviews. Can someone help....I promise to mark it as a favorite so I won't have to ask again! :o:D

Last cruise was a connecting cabin-will never do that again(unless my family is in the connecting). I didn't realize when I booked it. I could hear the couple in the other room very clearly. Thankfully, they were only loud during the day and quiet at night (except for a little while on the last night). I always look for a midship OV cabin that is not under or above any public places(I make sure there's a cabin above us and below us).

Uh-oh. We are in a connecting room and I wondered if there was any negative to it.

Under or above the kitchen. They work there 20 hours a day, rolling carts, clattering plates and utensils, and two-way-restaurant doors between the kitchen and the restaurant going thump-thump-thump every time somebody went through them. We normally are sound sleepers, but this was too much for us. Never again!

Uh-oh. We are in a connecting room and I wondered if there was any negative to it.

Yup! We could hear everything, including them fighting one day. I could hear clearly enough that I knew she was really seasick and he was ticked that she didn't want to leave the cabin. They played the TV on the Carnival channel(or it may have been a radio- not sure which) very loudly all the time. I kept hearing this music playing over and over again(I think it was the Carnival channel that showed the pool deck). I read on CC that some people take tape and tape up the door cracks. You may want to look into that.

any cabin above any of the lounges....the noise and thumping carries.

:eek:

I absolutely agree with this! On our last cruise we had a balcony cabin directly above the Mojito bar (Splendor). The disco is directly across the hall from the Mojito Bar -- and we not only heard it ... we FELT it well into the wee hours of the morning. No pair of earplugs stops the never-ending pulsing of the beat coming out of that disco. NEVER again!!

I absolutely agree with this! On our last cruise we had a balcony cabin directly above the Mojito bar (Splendor). The disco is directly across the hall from the Mojito Bar -- and we not only heard it ... we FELT it well into the wee hours of the morning. No pair of earplugs stops the never-ending pulsing of the beat coming out of that disco. NEVER again!!

on the Destiny we were on deck 6 aft above the lounge...when the band was not playing you could hear the screaching from the kareoke bar. :eek:

Turned the TV on to drown it out...but when the band played, the thumping from the bass could not be ignored....lesson learnd..it was a slight annoyance, but did not ruin the trip. :cool:

Can't remember the number, it's been too long. But on our first cruise on the Triumph we had a balcony cabin right underneath the automatic doors to the buffet. It was so freaking noisy! They tried to fix the door, but it never really helped. We still had a good time, but I'd rather sail the bottom of the ship than a cabin right underneath anything noisy!

I wouldn't pick the spa deck again. The view was nice, but it was not conveniently located near anything. The elevators on several nights were very crowded and the stairs were quite a climb to the room. Of course, it was nice to walk off the meals, so maybe stairs aren't a problem. :)

Archived