Constellation Cabin 6018

kawillia

We booked a guarantee balcony cabin and received our cabin assigment yesterday...it's 6018 on the Penthouse deck. Would love to know thoughts from individuals who are familiar with this cabin - I heard a rumor that it's balcony is twice the size of other 2c's. Is this true? Please tell all.

This seems to be my new favorite topic...at least ever since I got my Guarantee assignment for the Constellation in Cabin #6035...

Yes...The first eight balconies on either side of the M-Class ships on Deck Six are considerably larger than in the remainder of the 2C cabins...

Get a Celebrity 2005 Europe Brochure (print edition) and turn to pages 76-77, there's a large photo of the Millie and it's most apparent on that photo...

It's a little harder to see on the smaller photos in the Caribbean brochure...probably easiest to see in the Millie photo on Page 72 (that seems to be the sharpest...

Deck six is just above the blue-painted area ...

Starting from the front end of the ship, there are five round windows...These are the "Cat 4" cabins...Then there are three almost enclosed balconies--the center one of these is yours...Then there are five more balconies which come out all the way to the line which is the continuation of the exterior edge of the lifeboats below...You can see that the partitions extend out prominently from the side of the ship at that deck...All of the other balconies (from the 9th on down on deck six and all of the ones on decks 7, 8 and 9) are indented...along a line somewhere toward the inside part of the lifeboats...

We got lucky, my friend...

BTW, which sailing of the Connie are you on?

BTW, Island Girl, 8018 is one of the ordinary-sized Cat 2 balconies (not that there's anything wrong with them) ...the Deck six forward 8 are clearly different...

The first 6 cabins & the last 6 are double sized balconies for 2C. Great bargain cabin before we got CC for $100 a week per couple, so we grab it & AFT too.

We booked a guarantee balcony cabin and received our cabin assigment yesterday...it's 6018 on the Penthouse deck. Would love to know thoughts from individuals who are familiar with this cabin - I heard a rumor that it's balcony is twice the size of other 2c's. Is this true? Please tell all.

The first 6 cabins & the last 6 are double sized balconies for 2C. Great bargain cabin before we got CC for $100 a week per couple, so we grab it & AFT too.

My dh and I got booked in cabin 6090 on the penthouse deck, can anyone tell me anything about that cabin? for the 3/5 southern carib cruise.

MACOP...I'm disappointed in you...You've missed one on your list: #6028...

Also, from your previous post, it's NOT "the first six and last six", on the M-Class, it's the forward eight balconies on Deck Six only on either side of the ship and the three balconies on either side of the aft stairs on Deck 7 that are rectangular and deeper...the others mentioned are slightly triangular as the ship widens out at their location...

...and the three balconies on either side of the stairs on Deck 7 that are rectangular and deeper...the others mentioned are slightly triangular as the ship widens out at their location...

Thanks, Bruin Steve. You confirmed it...the cabin I just booked (#7180) is one of the cabins with a deeper balcony. Whew!

Here's a picture of the starboard forward cabins. Balcony 6020 is the one on the lower right hand corner (with the guy standing on it) - it's a great size. 6018 is the same size just one over.

close up:

http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/1/83/10/79718310LgOauh_fs.jpg

starboard side forward: (middle front balcony is 6018)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/135127610/135132944xlqemf

Wow...thank you so much for your replies and pics. I'm ecstatic that the balcony is twice the size and we have an unobstructed view. Do you any of you know if they'll supply us with a table on the balcony, so that we can eat our breakfast out there in the morning? What about a lounger? Now that we have a large balcony, I want to capitalize on it!!!

P.S. Bruin Steve - we're going in April. Its interesting that we both booked guarantees and received these cabin types - do people just not know about them since there is so much talk around being on the aft of the ship? or were we just lucky? Let us know what you think of your cabin when you return.

Kawillia, I can't speak from experience but I think you'll like this room - at least I'm hoping so! We have this very room booked for Hawaii '06 on the Summit. After a whole lot of research on these boards I booked it the very day the Hawaii '06 schedule came out back in July '04!! I requested any one of these 'first 8 big-balcony' rooms and got 6018. I was a little worried about the metal cladding that appears to surround the deck but I have been assured by two people who have actually stayed in this very room that it is no problem at all. One lady said that they liked the room so much they booked it for their next cruise. She did mention though that if you have any walking difficulties, the room is 'waaaaay' up front and she felt they had done more walking than they usually do (which I think will be a good thing!). I hope you'll report back to us with how you do enjoy the room. Jayna K

Kawillia, I can't speak from experience but I think you'll like this room - at least I'm hoping so! We have this very room booked for Hawaii '06 on the Summit. After a whole lot of research on these boards I booked it the very day the Hawaii '06 schedule came out back in July '04!! I requested any one of these 'first 8 big-balcony' rooms and got 6018. I was a little worried about the metal cladding that appears to surround the deck but I have been assured by two people who have actually stayed in this very room that it is no problem at all. One lady said that they liked the room so much they booked it for their next cruise. She did mention though that if you have any walking difficulties, the room is 'waaaaay' up front and she felt they had done more walking than they usually do (which I think will be a good thing!). I hope you'll report back to us with how you do enjoy the room. Jayna K

hey,

where are you guys able to see so much detail?

for the constellation, anyone?

I'm not just sure what you mean Leslie??

The Summit and the Connie are the same ship with the exception of a few things like decor so room size on one ship will be the same as on the other for that room number.

Were you wanting details on a certain room number?? - if so you could try doing a search using that room number. I did a search for your room 6090 and nothing came up - except for this thread (!) but you could type in other room numbers that are close by and in the same catagory. Jayna K

thanks,

what I meant was, so many people in these threads were seeing how big their balconies were, and the actual structure of them as in, the railings and such, so I was just wondering what site gave them so many details..

leslie

I'm not just sure what you mean Leslie??

The Summit and the Connie are the same ship with the exception of a few things like decor so room size on one ship will be the same as on the other for that room number.

Were you wanting details on a certain room number?? - if so you could try doing a search using that room number. I did a search for your room 6090 and nothing came up - except for this thread (!) but you could type in other room numbers that are close by and in the same catagory. Jayna K

thanks,

what I meant was, so many people in these threads were seeing how big their balconies were, and the actual structure of them as in, the railings and such, so I was just wondering what site gave them so many details..

leslie

Leslie,

Click on the pictures links I posted earlier on this thread (post #9).

Jaynak - you are so resourceful! These pics are terrific. I did a search on Webshots the other day, but didn't have any luck. Thanks for sending them my way! I too was concerned about the metal cladding surrounding the deck, but from looking at the pics it doesn't look like an issue. As for the walking, I'll probably need the exercise given all the good food I plan to consume. And, according to the pics, it looks like we can request a lounger or table without a problem.

I can rest assured now that we have a terrific balcony to enjoy during our cruise!!! I'll report back when we return, as I know you are going to be in 6018 on your upcoming trip.

Thanks everyone for all your help!:)

And, according to the pics, it looks like we can request a lounger or table without a problem.

Kawillia, If I remember right one of the ladies I talked to who stayed in this room said the balcony 'came with' a couple chairs, but as soon as she arrived in her room she requested a lounger from her room steward - and slipped him a $5 - she had the lounger in no time! I guess this is how we learn the ropes!? Jayna K

Just returned from the Constellation. Booked an aft cabin 7212. Weren't we surprised when we walked in and found it to be one and a half times the size of the other cabins. The bathroom was huge, almost as large as a minisuite. It was the middle cabin of the Aft group and the only one that large. Thank you to whomever mentioned that cabin previously. I called my travel agent and it happened to be available. All you who are booked, you can change your room. Call your travel agent. It is a CC class room and we paid $1334 per person.

I just returned from the Connie Saturday. We were in a HUGE room with a HUGE bathroom in the AFT. 7212. Call your travel agent and see if it is available. It was like a minisuite and none of the other aft cabins were that large.

This is from Celebrity web site under SHIPS & then enter stateroom # for info.

DO Deluxe Ocean View, 6090

Penthouse Deck Starboard

170 sq. ft. stateroom

38 sq. ft. balconyFeatures two convertible lower beds, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors and sitting area, some with sofa bed.

My dh and I got booked in cabin 6090 on the penthouse deck, can anyone tell me anything about that cabin? for the 3/5 southern carib cruise.

THank you so much!!!!!!

I have to stop worrying that everything wont be perfect!

Its our only honeymoon after 10 years of marriage.

I am worrying as if I were just now getting married!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

This is from Celebrity web site under SHIPS & then enter stateroom # for info.

DO Deluxe Ocean View, 6090

Penthouse Deck Starboard

170 sq. ft. stateroom

38 sq. ft. balconyFeatures two convertible lower beds, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors and sitting area, some with sofa bed.

As they describe our AFT CC cabin as 191 sq ft stateroom with 41 sq ft balcony when it is 200 sq ft! Check 6018-6030 & they are also 41 sq ft. So they are deceiving............

thanks,

leslie

The website doesn't really give individual square footage of individual cabins...

EVERY CC is stated as 191 sf with a 41 sf balcony...EVERY Cat 2 is shown as 170 sf with a 38 sf balcony...

They haven't measured each individual cabin, they have only thrown them into the individual categories and stated the "standard" size...

Which is exactly why these specific cabins we talk about here are "secrets"...

There is no way you can tell, for example, that my upcoming #6035 is anything but an ordinary 2C with a 38 sf balcony...it doesn't show anywhere on the website, it doesn't show in the printed brochures...It isn't even apparent from the published deck plans...

You have to compare the deck plans to actual photos of the ship to realize there's something strange going on...OR, you have to ask the question HERE (or on other similar sites) to people who know...

So, most people booking Cat 2s have no clue that there's any advantage to thiose certain cabins...most of the time not even their TAs know...and they just follow the general rule of thumb and book "midship"...

Consider this your "inside information"...

Maybe we shouldn't talk so much here, the masses will begin to catch on...

Goofs happen, but on Celebrity they go out of their way to make it right, from another bottle of Moet champagne to a 5# box of chocolates from Cova. With all the foul ups on our first CC category cruise, we were showered with all sorts of extras.

So enjoy your cruise, get pelnty of rest, enjoy the water as it dances with the ship, and all the sleep with the motion that just takes you back to 3 weeks old................

THank you so much!!!!!!

I have to stop worrying that everything wont be perfect!

Its our only honeymoon after 10 years of marriage.

I am worrying as if I were just now getting married!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Archived