Good Sushi Place Near FLL?

board_jay

My wife and I and another couple are on the 11/11/10 sailing of the RCL Navigator of the Seas. We will be coming in around noon the day before and staying at the Hollywood Beach Mariott (great hotel I might add). Anyway, we are wondering if anyone could recommend a good sushi place that is not too far away and at a reasonable price with truly fresh fish. Thanks!

My wife and I and another couple are on the 11/11/10 sailing of the RCL Navigator of the Seas. We will be coming in around noon the day before and staying at the Hollywood Beach Mariott (great hotel I might add). Anyway, we are wondering if anyone could recommend a good sushi place that is not too far away and at a reasonable price with truly fresh fish. Thanks!

I like Sushi Blues Cafe on Harrison St. in Hollywood. As with nearly all U.S. sushi (except tuna), the fish are previously frozen (but quality is very good).

I know you're thinking that if you're near an ocean that the sushi must be fresh. Frankly sushi would be the last thing I'd eat in Florida. They don't catch those fish there! Sushi is usually cold water fish, so all of the sushi fish is flown in frozen from the west coast!

You'll be happier with Cuban food. The dumpier the place, the better. Or have a bite at one of the places near the beach or on the Intracoastal if you're into a more upscale kind of evening. I like Aruba in Ft. Lauderdale, but that's a bit far from where you're staying.

Archived