Thank You

I just wanted to thank everyone on these boards for all of your very helpful advice. I booked my first cruise on the Serenade back in October and sailed last week. I went from being somebody who knew absolutely nothing about cruising to being very well informed. I don't think I would have had the great trip that I had if I didn't have the benefit of all of the wonderful advice I received from these boards. I've tried to repay everybody by posting a review of my trip and answering questions. If anybody has any questions about the Serenade, I'd be happy to try to answer them. Once again, THANK YOU to all.

Hi Cabanachick,

We are sailing on Seranade 12-03-05. Anything you can tell us would be helpful. Entertainment, food ports. Tell us all you can.

We too booked our first cruise last year on the Explorer of the Seas and felt very much informed from the boards and very good friends that went on same cruise. We loved it so much we booked our second cruise on board. We also had delays due to hurricane Jean so we got 50% off future cruise and $250.00 shipboard credit while on board. Not a bad deal eh?

Thumbs up for the boards.

Tom Cincinnati Ohio

Hi Tom,

You'll love the Serenade. It's a beauftiful ship. The artwork is incredible. All of the glass just makes it so nice. We loved the ship. The decor was very nice. The pools were nice, but a bit small. The main pool seemed to be pretty crowded every day. The kids pool and slide were closed for the first three days and then open only limited hours. The Solarium was very nice. It was a little crowded, but definitely less crowded than the main pool.

I just thought the food was O.K., but I'm pretty picky. Everyone else in my group thought the food was good. Not gourmet, but decent. We ate at Chops one night. Everyone thought it was much better than the dining room. I got chicken, so I didn't notice as much of a difference.

The shows were pretty good. They weren't outstanding, but definitely entertaining. The self-levelling pool tables were pretty cool. My family loved the mini-golf and the rock wall, also. I like the gym. It was very nice and never crowded.

At night, the boat never seemed crowded to me. There seemed to be plenty of lounges and places to hang out. It was very nice. I also enjoyed walking on the deck at night.

Adventure Ocean for the kids was great. My kids absolutely loved it.

The ports were great. It was just a very tiring itinerary. We had a lot of kids with our group, so we were limited in which excursions we could do. We loved the Land Rover excursion through the rainforest in St. Lucia. It was a lot of fun. We really got to see a lot of the island. Other than that, we really just did the beach excursions and walked around the shopping areas. Antigua seemed a bit more run down than the other islands.

You can't go wrong with this ship. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Whether you have sailed once or a hundred times, you are an INSTANT expert. Cruising is a feast for all the senses. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. But we all seem to remember EVERYTHING, from the most monumental events to the minutia.

Good for you, and here's hoping there will be many happy sailings in your future.

And I mean that. Just ask anyone on the boards. I am NOT a nice guy.

Steve

Archived