Is this a good price for the Freedom???

BCV23

7 nights, two adults and two children balcony room $3700 in a balcony. It is the highest cost balcony because the others are sold out or they say so online. This is the Eastern February 2011. This is $700 more than the Dream and just about the same price as the Epic. Does RCCI do sales and if so when are they? Should I book now or wait for the prices to go down?? I would think with soo many large ships out there this year that there would be some price drops.

Also- can anyone tell me about Cococay?? Is this the private island. I would much rather do the western because we have done the eastern before on Disney. It seems that Carnival Dream, Epic and Freedom are all doing the Eastern the same week. The only difference is the other two ships are going to Nassau.

***we have to the week of Feb 12 due to kids school schedules

Any thoughts opinions or other suggestions?? Thanks!

Seems a little steep, but RCCL is usually higher then Carnival. I believe that the higher price for that week is because they know when kids have off of school and jack up the prices. You could book now and hope for a price reduction.

As for Coco Cay, it is a private island, very well laid out, childrens area on one end and lots of things to do.

Cococay is wonderful ... that's considered the Eastern though. Anyway, you might check with a TA to see what other categories might be available. That seems high to me. Besides, some TAs offer incentives. Mine gives me pre paid gratuities. But they also have access to rooms that may not be available online at the moment. The Freedom is a wonderful ship!

7 nights, two adults and two children balcony room $3700 in a balcony. It is the highest cost balcony because the others are sold out or they say so online. This is the Eastern February 2011. This is $700 more than the Dream and just about the same price as the Epic. Does RCCI do sales and if so when are they? Should I book now or wait for the prices to go down?? I would think with soo many large ships out there this year that there would be some price drops.

Also- can anyone tell me about Cococay?? Is this the private island. I would much rather do the western because we have done the eastern before on Disney. It seems that Carnival Dream, Epic and Freedom are all doing the Eastern the same week. The only difference is the other two ships are going to Nassau.

As for price, I'm not sure because I don't have any kids, so I can't help with that.

RCCL usually has a Wow sale during October and I think May. They have half reduced deposit and $100 OBC per cabin.

Also every Tuesday, RCCL has great discounts on certain cruisers, usually for new bookings only.

Talking about booking, I always book the earlier possible and watch those price drops. The sooner you book, the more cabin options you have. Don't forget to check your prices daily and also ask about family rooms. They have Promenade family rooms and ocean view family rooms which are high demand... but I think they could be cheaper. Families love them.

Cococay is a beautiful private island. RCCL has a big BBQ on the island, (you can find more under Cococay island) but it has a nice waterpark for kids, a children's only area, different beaches.... etc. It's like a big desert island... everybody loves private islands.

The Freedom is a beautiful ship.You can videos on youtube.

Book now. Royal Caribbean honors price drops. (unless it's a Tuesday Sales Event). Monitor the price, and if you see it decrease, just call. They'll charge you less if it's before final payment, or give you onboard credit if it's after.

Yes, only D cabins available for foursomes. The E cabins *appear* to be sold out. It is possible that TAs are holding them. You may want to call some of the large internet TAs and find out if THEY have any E cabins.

But E1 is not always cheaper than D1.

Thank you so much for all the great info. So which cabin category is the Family type?? Are these a little larger? Also any info on a good TA for Royal would be helpful! Thanks

It is forbidden to discuss specific travel agents on Cruise Critic.

Thank you so much for all the great info. So which cabin category is the Family type?? Are these a little larger? Also any info on a good TA for Royal would be helpful! Thanks

You have to call RCCL and ask if they still any available. They don't post them online (don't know why) I know they sell pretty quick. Yes, they are larger... 300 sq

This is a pic of family OV

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=0000RBnlbzcB7EFA7MEFlH-xk0j:12hdhubrs?shipCode=FR&cabincls=O&cabinType=FF&br=R&deckCode=02

This is a Promenade family room

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=0000RBnlbzcB7EFA7MEFlH-xk0j:12hdhubrs?shipCode=FR&cabincls=I&cabinType=TF&br=R&deckCode=07

You might consider a large ocean view that's 200 sq ft and is $2,923. for all four. With kids, if they are young, lots of parents opt for the ocean view.. No family staterooms left but you can keep on checking to see if one comes available and change cabins..

I can get a family promendade on the Allure that week for $3500 hmmmm!

Now, that's a GREAT DEAL!!!! for the Allure?? wow!!! go for it before they sell!!!!!

I booked my upcoming cruise during November - sailing mid-May and all family rooms were SOLD!:mad: I'm still waiting to book one!!

Ok sorry Promenade is $3900 and large interior is $3500 or Ocean View for $3800. Which of these is the best on the Allure and can anyone give me a good idea of the best deck to be on??? Thank you Thank you!

Archived