Save the trees...uhhh, I mean seas!!

Danno

Maybe the people who thought up the "SAVE THE SEAS" tag on all the staff should talk to the people who produce all the junk mail that is shoved under my stateroom door each day, about saving a few trees...next cruise I'm counting how many sheets of paper I have by the end of seven days...I'm betting 100+...any takers :rolleyes: ??

I guess I should be grateful...just wait until some exec at RCI gets the great idea that telemarketing me in my cabin is a good idea ;) !! Can you get an unlisted cabin phone number??

On both Connie & Infinity we had voicemails when we didn't answer the phone telling us pa specials that day, the diamond layout in the shopping mall area center table, $3 White Russian coffee per lb. (that got me down there fast).

These were not in the Today either, so was it for CC & suites only?

I guess I should be grateful...just wait until some exec at RCI gets the great idea that telemarketing me in my cabin is a good idea ;) !! Can you get an unlisted cabin phone number??

MACOP, that is scary. I absolutely did not get a call like that and would have had something not nice to say if I did. (I was CC)

On my one Holland America cruise I remember they indicated they would recycle the dailies and other paper items if we put them in something (can't remember if it was a separate container under the desk.) I half thought maybe the room stewards on Celeb remove paper piles for a recycling bin, but that is probably wishful thinking. I always neatly stack them next to the waste basket. They ought to address the issue and let passengers know.

Danno you are right on again.I have a vendetta against the company that runs the shops on board.Last year when attending their so called shopping talks people were told not to go to Icy Straits because there was no shopping.Whom ever went to these talks really missed out on a wonderful experience.People don't get it!Every shop that is recomended at these talks gets a payback.So this year all those brochures will wind up in the trash.No more shopping talks for me !

On both Connie & Infinity we had voicemails when we didn't answer the phone telling us pa specials that day, the diamond layout in the shopping mall area center table, $3 White Russian coffee per lb. (that got me down there fast).

These were not in the Today either, so was it for CC & suites only?

REALLY :eek: ....I've never had that happen!! The first time it does I will have a "candid" discussion with the offending parties....I cruise to leave these annoyances behind.

Archived