Disembarkation Time for the Solstice

sammyt

Thank you, thank you, thank you, finally someone who understands the walkoff concept. That is the answer I was looking for.

UH, did you NOT read my post? I said that from MY experience, they did not begin the walk offs until 8am or later. It doesn't matter what time they open the doors, until Customs and Immigration says you can leave, you can't leave. There is NO DEFINITE ANSWER, and that's what most have been TRYING to tell you. But, for some reason, you just don't want to hear. I'm guessing it's because deep down you know you may not make that flight, but you're looking for someone, anyone, to bolster your feelings and make you feel better about booking a flight that Celebrity tells everyone NOT to book.

UH, did you NOT read my post? I said that from MY experience, they did not begin the walk offs until 8am or later. It doesn't matter what time they open the doors, until Customs and Immigration says you can leave, you can't leave. There is NO DEFINITE ANSWER, and that's what most have been TRYING to tell you. But, for some reason, you just don't want to hear. I'm guessing it's because deep down you know you may not make that flight, but you're looking for someone, anyone, to bolster your feelings and make you feel better about booking a flight that Celebrity tells everyone NOT to book.

I'll give you the answer you want. Yes you can be the first one off and yes you can make your flight. Hope your happy. Good luck.........:eek::eek::eek:

• 3 weeks later...

I found this thread doing a search for debarkation times (as our connecting flight has been canceled and we now face a 3+ hour layover in ATL...trying to decide on an earlier outbound flight...blah blah blah) and I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who posted the very helpful information. While I have cruised 3 times, I have never paid attention to the customs restrictions and always wondered why sometimes we got off earlier than others. So thank you for giving some insight into this. Thank you also for the other helpful advice and information. I, for one, actually appreciate your time and effort in replying! The information provided has helped me make my decision - thank you!

I found this thread doing a search for debarkation times (as our connecting flight has been canceled and we now face a 3+ hour layover in ATL...trying to decide on an earlier outbound flight...blah blah blah) and I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who posted the very helpful information. While I have cruised 3 times, I have never paid attention to the customs restrictions and always wondered why sometimes we got off earlier than others. So thank you for giving some insight into this. Thank you also for the other helpful advice and information. I, for one, actually appreciate your time and effort in replying! The information provided has helped me make my decision - thank you!

WOW, someone who appreciates the help we all try and give. You're very welcome and I hope your cruise and travel plans work out for you !!! Happy Sailing !!!!

• 1 month later...

I was looking into an 11:00am flight out of FLL, but thanks to all the seasoned cruisers on the thread, I will book the 1:00pm one just to be safe and avoid unneeded stress. Like someone said, why ruin your cruise for 2 hours here or there. Plus remember if you are lucky enough to live in cities with lots of direct flights, the airlines most likely will put you on an early flight without a charge and if seats are open. OR maybe you should have a meal at the airport, just to come back down to earth after the cruise, and remember what real world food and service tastes like! :D

Archived