Recent Sovereign Cruisers, a few ??'s

Daydrmr

We are on the Sovereign on 2/4 - 2/7. Just wondering how the seas have been lately? I have read a few posts on these boards about rough seas and I am just wondering if they have calmed down any.

Also, did anyone do a pre-cruise hotel stay. We will be flying into Orlando on 2/3 and need a place to stay that night. I have searched on the boards and not found a whole lot of information. Is it better to stay in Orlando or Port Canaveral price wise. I don't want a dump, but we don't need anything fancy for 1 night.

Any suggestions on transportation to port canaveral from Orlando?

One last question about the ship, has anyone stayed in cabin 1548? Just curious what it was like.

Thanks in advance for your help.

We are driving down and staying two nights in Orlando. We are staying at a Country Inns & Suites near Disney actually. We have a "kids suite" for $89/night. We have stayed with this chain in other places before and they are really nice. You can get a "regular" room for less than that there, if you don't need/want a suite.

I hope the seas have calmed down. We are on the 2/14 sailing...

We are going on the SOS 2/7, we are flying into orlando and staying in Cocoa Beach at the days inn.... It is about $89/night which isn't too bad and it seemed to be pretty decent. All we needed was a place to say. The hotel is 3 miles (or 3 minutes) from the Port and it is right beside a Pier with resturants and shops so at least we will have something to do before we leave on Monday. We are taking a shuttle from the Airport to our hotel for $55pp

Archived