Elite Perks

Cisco333

I have a question about Michaels Club. I am elite my husband is select. We will be traveling with daughter and son in law. How many people am I permitted to take with me to Michaels club and other special elite events..We are in two separate cabins.

I have a question about Michaels Club. I am elite my husband is select. We will be traveling with daughter and son in law. How many people am I permitted to take with me to Michaels club and other special elite events..We are in two separate cabins.

I know I'll be corrected if wrong, but I believe, you may bring your husband/cabin mate only.

I know I'll be corrected if wrong, but I believe, you may bring your husband/cabin mate only.

Yup, just your husband. We were in the same status on our last cruise -- my wife was Elite and I was Select. We only got one Elite Card to attend the Michael's Club Elite events, so my wife went to the Captain's Club Hostess who provided a card for me to accompany her. They do check cards.

Your daughter and son in law are just going to have to buy their own drinks at one of the ship's bars. :(

From the previous posts, and people that recently had Select class, Michale's if there are a lot of Select people on the cruise, they will restrict access very severely, Everyone must show they are Select members as it is printed on your room key. Guests will just not be allowed. Spouses are Ok from what I hear, so long as they enter with spouse, and the greeter can establish the connection with the name. I really suspect Celebrity are trying extremely hard to make this a true perk for Select members only.

From the previous posts, and people that recently had Select class, Michale's if there are a lot of Select people on the cruise, they will restrict access very severely, Everyone must show they are Select members as it is printed on your room key. Guests will just not be allowed. Spouses are Ok from what I hear, so long as they enter with spouse, and the greeter can establish the connection with the name. I really suspect Celebrity are trying extremely hard to make this a true perk for Select members only.

I think you meant Elite, and not Select.

Also ... I thought that husbands/wives, living at the same address, automatically had the same frequent cruiser status on both RCL and Celebrity? So if a wife is Elite, so is her DH. The Captain's Club hostess should be able to provide a corrected card for Becca's DH.

Becca, you'll receive printed invitations to the tea and wine tasting; just bring those along, and take your daughter with you, as Phxazzcruisers said. The invitation is for two, so you are entitled to bring her with you.

Michael's Club might be a different story. While your DH should be entitled to that, your DD and SIL probably will not, even if DH is not attending that night.

...Becca, you'll receive printed invitations to the tea and wine tasting; just bring those along, and take your daughter with you, as Phxazzcruisers said. The invitation is for two, so you are entitled to bring her with you....

We've never received printed invitations to these, at least not in the past couple of years. They are included in the Elite letter left in the cabin on embarkation day and sometimes they are listed in the daily newsletter and an "Elite Event".

On the cruises we've been on since the Elite lounge started we've been given a "Loyalty Lounge Card" separate from our regular seapass that is to be presented when going to the Micheal's club event. This is one per guest and doesn't have any names on it. The letter we received explaining this indicated: "This lounge is a privilege and reward to our Elite members and certain suites, and as such is by invitation of the The Captain's Club only. We would appreciate your understanding on this." I took this to mean that we were not to bring along guests who did not have a card.

I think it would be less of an issue for the tea or wine tasting, provided you asked permission in advance. When I'm asking for such favors I generally hold to the theory that it is wise to limit the number of special requests being made as the more you ask for the less the requests will be appreciated.

We've never received printed invitations to these, at least not in the past couple of years. They are included in the Elite letter left in the cabin on embarkation day and sometimes they are listed in the daily newsletter and an "Elite Event".

Hi Larry!

I guess it varies from ship to ship, then, as we have received printed invitations to these events ... guess it depends on the hostess.

Do you agree that a husband or wife has the same Captain's Club status as the spouse? Or am I thinking just of Royal Caribbean?

Regards,

Jan

...Do you agree that a husband or wife has the same Captain's Club status as the spouse? Or am I thinking just of Royal Caribbean?...

Hi Jan! I didn't even connect with the screen name at at first - hope all is well.

I think you're right about members of the household sharing the status. I've never run into this on Celebrity, nor ever seen anything written formally about it in the policies. But our son, who never sailed Celebrity, had gone on only one RCCL cruise several years back with us in 2005. Then in 2007 he went on a second one with his wife. He'd never changed his RCCL Crown and Anchor address from our address, and when he got on board he found he had Diamond status. I've presumed it was because of our Elite status and his tie to us at the same address and same surname. BTW - He said he went into the Concierge lounge on RCL but didn't stay to drink there as he said it was all old people like us :rolleyes:. Oh well! So it appears the status might extend to all in the same household.

Say hi to Colin for us.

Hi Jan! I didn't even connect with the screen name at at first - hope all is well.

............ Say hi to Colin for us.

Hi Larry (and Hi Sue!)

All is well here, thanks, though we are on pins & needles about our upcoming b-2-b on Constellation out of Amsterdam. Hope our KLM flight on May 5 actually flies! Yikes!

Two of our rollcall members were already on their way ... but now stranded in Kuala Lumpur.

Oh well, at least we have insurance.

Too funny about your son and all those "old people" like us!! :lol

Regards,

Jan

ps, Becca, invitations or not, I do agree with Larry, it's a good idea to ask/check ahead of time. I really doubt they'd turn you down, since your daughter would be taking your husband's "spot" at the tea and/or wine event.

Though as I said, Michael's Club is a different matter. Doubt they'd approve that.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived