Pub crawl !!!!

KevinsCruising

Hey, I did the Pub Crawl on the Dawn last October. Does the Jewel have one. It seems a great way to meet some very happy people !

:D

Yes, the Jewel had several of them on the May 8th cruise. Although we did not do one, people who did had a great time!

I wrote quite a long and caustic letter to NCL regarding the pub crawl/drunken frat party we endured on the POA. Now don't get me wrong, I really don't mind drunken frat parties and have been in the center of many in my day, but there is a time and place for drunken frat parties. The Great Outdoors during dinner, though, is NOT the place for a loud, drunken frat party.

I agree. Vacation is a time for chaste reflection. Shame on those who refuse to show proper decorum at the outdoor cruise ship buffer. :p

I agree. Vacation is a time for chaste reflection. Shame on those who refuse to show proper decorum at the outdoor cruise ship buffer. :p

Yes, when families with small children were trying to enjoy their dinner one of the social hosts asked the question,

"What do you find in a man's wallet?"

The answer to which a drunk chick screamed loudly,

"A CONDOM!! A CONDOM!!

Decorum, consideration and common sense would have been nice, but we all know if you want "Instant Idiot" all you need to do is add alcohol.

I'm assuming they will have one of these on the Dawn over our Thanksgiving cruise. It sounds like fun but 5 bars would put me out of commission the next two days now that I am in my 30's! I suppose I wouldn't be able to just get away with having two or three drinks during a pub crawl??? ;)

I did the Pub Crawl last week on the Spirit.

Pros:

Great way to explore the ship's bars with a fun crowd.

Great way to meet fun people.

Great way to try some different drinks.

$25 for 5 drinks is the best bargain on the ship.

Cons:

1:30 pm is way too early in the day to be drinking that hard.

Couldn't finish some of the drinks before it was time to move on.

Didn't want to finish some of the others (worst Appletini I have ever had yuck).

Would I do it again?

Yes, if the people I am with want to do it. If not, then that's ok, too.

My kids (early 20s) loved it and signed up for the Pub Crawl Reunion on the last sea day.

lol...

I've done the margarita tasting, the martini tasting, the wine tasting.... I LOVED the Margarita tasting on the Pearl Thanksgiving of 08. Is this pub crawl a new thing? I don't remember seeing it listed then. And for those who have done both the Margarita tasting and this...which did you like better?

so the drinks are pre-picked out for you? you have no choice in selection?

they have the drinks pre done by the time you get there and you have no choice

Last year on the dawn it was..

1 a bottle of beer, I think it was milller and it was terrible ..lol

2 cosmo

3 mai tai

I can't remember what else..heehee

• 2 weeks later...
This sounds like the best freaking cruise activity EVER!!!!

I really hope they have it on the Epic! Seems like the Ice Bar would be a perfect stop! Keeping my fingers crossed for an Epic Pub Crawl!

Looks like you may be interested in doing this while on our cruise. I agree the Ice Bar needs to be included as one of the five bars. I wonder if they will limit the number of participants though? It could get out of hand very easily.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived